User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: WiFi Won't Work on Note2 After 4.3 Update

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I updated to 4.3 I remember having to use Odin to update to the newer radio. And the guys that didn't were having wifi trouble. I think I had to update to the ND7 radio or the MJ9. Your going to have to look into it. I ran Odin placed the radio zip in odin under PDA and flashed it. Read everything real good before you do it. I hope this helps good luck.
    Last edited by madtrucker; 05-15-2015 at 12:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyzyrd View Post
    Many people are having the "connection is too slow".. issue. I found that while the DHCP pickups an address and gateway, it "automatically" fills in Network Prefix Length. If your phone is on a different subnet than the DHCP, DNS or the Gateway, the default Network Prefix Length won't work. For instance, you are assigned an IP of 192.168.1.27, but the gateway is at 192.168.2.1, a prefix length of 24 will keep your phone from "seeing" the gateway (and therefore the gateway's reply during NAT translation). If you set a "static" address and change the prefix to 22 (allowing visibility to more subnets), the answer from the gateway will be received and the translation will not time out. You can set a static address by going to settings, Wi-Fi, hold down on the connection in question, modify network config, show advanced options, static, fill in the boxes accordingly, save.
    Help! I want to try this, but wifi wont even turn on! I have tried everything short of a hard reset, and it just keeps randomly connecting and disconnecting. When wifi does turn on, it may connect or it may show all networks as out of range. I'm losing my mind here!

This happened once before a couple of weeks ago but went away, and now is back. Since I've owned the phone, I have noticed inconsistencies with bluetooth connections as well. I don't know what to do now!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: I have since been able to try the above suggestion and it had no effect. I've also tried inputting *#0011# on the keypad and turning off powersave mode under the wifi menu option. this also seems to have had no effect.
    just to clarify what's happening with my device, here's the story:

two days ago wifi suddenly disconnected, shut off and would not turn back on manually, either through the notification tray or settings page. finally it turned itself on for no apparent reason, but all wifi networks showed as not in range, though in fact they were. restarting the device has no effect. disconnecting the battery has no effect. wifi will randomly turn on and connect, but if i leave the house and come back, it won't turn on, or networks are "not in range". and this happens even if i don't go anywhere, without warning.

does anyone have a suggested fix or possible cause? I REALLY don't want to do a hard reset. i'm concerned it's a software issue, but if it's hardware, i'd rather just get another phone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have now tried a factory reset and it seemed to work, for about half a day, now its happening again. should i just get a different phone? or is this a problem in the software?
    android version 4.3
    baseband i317ucubmk6
    kernel version 3.0.31-2048209
    build number jss15j.i317ucubmk6

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

Links