Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Verizon Update to 4.3 Note 2

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainbikermark View Post
    I really wish they'd have made the back and menu lights (capacitive buttons?) s pen sensitive though. That's one thing the Note8 still has over the Note2
    Don't forget you can press the s-pen button and draw a ^ symbol to bring up your capacitive menu button options and an < symbol to go back (functions exactly the same as back button).

Super Moderator mountainbikermark's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marthinollys View Post
    Don't forget you can press the s-pen button and draw a ^ symbol to bring up your capacitive menu button options and an < symbol to go back (functions exactly the same as back button).
    Didn't know that. Thank you very much.
    I toggled data network. Toggled it back off. Idiot warning came on like before BUT with a check box to never show again. That alone made it worth the effort to update!
    Edit the up didn't work but the arrow to the left does function like a back button. AWESOME STUFF!
    Edit again. DOH! Up arrow brings up menu of wherever I'm at. I thought you meant draw up arrow to access ability to draw back arrow. Got it now. Thank you very much
    Last edited by mountainbikermark; 12-21-2013 at 06:45 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got another question.
    Is it just me or has every non stock notification bar icon stopped working?
    I used to have Tasker, a battery indicator app, s pen toolbox would have a icon I'd setup, and no text notifications show up at all.
    Am I missing a setting somewhere?
    Thanks

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, another one has come up.
    Is Knox on the phone and if so how do I access it?
    Again, thank you.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found the solution to the notifications panel. I had turned off notifications in the app manager for the everything. I turned the ones I want back on and they are showing up again.
    Now to get it so when I detach my s pen and the screen is off that it wakes the phone up like it used to. S pen toolbox still does its thing like before BUT doesn't turn the screen on like it used to. I'm pretty sure it's a user error somewhere else with that as the unintended consequence.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must say I have now found a new favorite "that's just cool" feature by your post.
    I prefer a stylus over my finger (slide write vs type seems more pencil/paper to my brain) but was using a foam tipped one before because of the capacitive button thing but I haven't used my Newtrent stylus since you introduced me to this arrow draw feature.
    I just wanted to thank you again.
    marthinollys likes this.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainbikermark View Post
    I must say I have now found a new favorite "that's just cool" feature by your post.
    I prefer a stylus over my finger (slide write vs type seems more pencil/paper to my brain) but was using a foam tipped one before because of the capacitive button thing but I haven't used my Newtrent stylus since you introduced me to this arrow draw feature.
    I just wanted to thank you again.
    Thanks. This feature came with the original 4.1 version on the Note 2. Unfortunately many early reviewers of the device didn't spend enough time to fully realize the S-pen capabilities.

Lucky for us we have LucidMike and his YouTube series educating us😊

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. This feature came with the original 4.1 version on the Note 2. Unfortunately many early reviewers of the device didn't spend enough time to fully realize the S-pen capabilities.

Lucky for us we have LucidMike and his YouTube series educating us😊
    Only research I really did was start poking and clicking. On my Note8 it actually changes to blue before it implements the action, just never thought about trying it on my phone :banghead:
    Guess I'm still not totally brain ready for the concept of phablet beyond screen sizes,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Links