• 2 Post By mountainbikermark

Thread: My Notes In Gear

Super Moderator mountainbikermark's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Notes In Gear

It's free and I've tested it on a Gear S.
    Once a note is created either on the phone or watch you can set a date and time for when to notify you of the event, list, or task.
    You can change the color of the way you made in its title and color used to separate by type, or whatever.
    On the phone it uses a standard keyboard type for inputting text but on the watch it uses vocal dictation then changes to text. On the phone you can add a photo to what you make.On both devices the time and date are set via a bar, much like Google calendar or other.
    I've been a long time Color Note app user that was looking for something much like that app but with the ability to edit on the watch itself. With CN I can receive the notifications of timed events but not the ability to edit them on the watch. Am example being grocery or other shopping lists on the phone the notification in the pull down bar opens the app to the event/list ands I can edit, delete, dismiss, etc. On the watch CN only lets me dismiss the notification. I wanted a pull down notification on the phone AND one on the watch that I can do more than dismiss. I got it with My Notes In Gear.
    It's easy to use, easy to edit and syncs flawlessly between devices. I finish a grocery list on the watch and archive it and it archives on the phone as well is just one extra perk I didn't expect.
    As I wrote before, it's free on the Samsung app store inside your phones Gear app.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am still trying to pull the trigger on a smart watch but I just can't justify the $270 for something like a watch.. I haven't worn a watch pretty much since I started carrying a phone. I think if I could get a decent one on sale in the $100 range I would do it but I just don't wear a watch enough.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I take it me posting about Gear apps I'm using on both my S and Fit would be falling in deaf ears here? The only reply is someone stating they don't have one and no plans to get one soon doesn't inspire confidence in me trying to build up this section as best as I know how.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainbikermark View Post
    So I take it me posting about Gear apps I'm using on both my S and Fit would be falling in deaf ears here? The only reply is someone stating they don't have one and no plans to get one soon doesn't inspire confidence in me trying to build up this section as best as I know how.
    Don't let me discourage you bud! Perhaps you could bring something I can do with it that would make it worth it as opposed to just telling me the time...

It would be nice to see who is calling me without pulling out my phone. I have different ringers for most contacts but in most shops I'm in I can't hear them anyhow.

I am sure someday I will have one but so far I personally haven't seen $280 worth of useful features in my day to day routine.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mark.. Thank you for sharing... I will have to take a look see my friend... I've not added too many app with the smart watch ⌚ I gotta get caught up
    "Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm"

FOLLOW FORUM RULES HERE!!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bkdodger View Post
    Mark.. Thank you for sharing... I will have to take a look see my friend... I've not added too many app with the smart watch ⌚ I gotta get caught up
    Conversation (used to be called pm) sent

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok so I get some are stuck with the mindset that a smartwatch is a notifier on your wrist only and some even have the ability to respond to texts and emails using voice, which would construed as silly, possibly even schizophrenic looking to those around or a very tiny keyboard that is cumbersome at best to use.
    On my Fit,a much lesser capable device, I've used it in conjunction with my phone to not only map out fishing spots on a local pond while kayaking I also used the s pen feature of the phone to write down different depths of areas of that pond to better understand where the fish are going to be at differing weather times.
    It's all a matter of how we decide to make the most of our devices. With the S we have standalone capabilities that can make our watch much more than just an expensive vibrating notifier. An example with my S is with its built in GPS and s health application I can map out a hiking, biking, kayaking, running, whatever moving about activity with the phone being miles away from where I'm at and tie it into the phone later for a more detailed description of the journey. I can take notes of way points and other points of interest.
    The other night I needed to call a customer and let them know their item was ready for pickup but their number was tagged on the merchandise, the phone to call them was on different floor of the building (no phones in the upstairs area) and my memory isn't what it was 30 years ago. I simply did a voice memo of their name and number and when I got to where and when I could call them I opened the app, it showed in text form their name and number and I was able to call them while my phone wasn't anywhere near me.
    I am not going to try to sway anyone into buying any product, just share what I can do with mine and others can decide if that meets their need or desire and possibly show those that already have one something they might fund useful as well like, an example would be a screen shot on the Gear 1- Gear S is slide your finger left to right while holding the power button. The screen shot is saved to the gallery and if you want to share to the phone you tap the icon on the lower left and it sends to the phone. There are aftermarket apps that allow sharing from Gears to other places such as Facebook.
    Again in smartwatch technology infancy there are ways to get more usage than a notification from the watch, it's just going to take more imagination until more features start getting baked in.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got an update to this app this morning and it is now fully standalone capable, kinda reversing how it was before. Before it was easier to write the note on the phone, sync it to the watch whereas now the watch works just like the phone part then syncs back to the phone once it's tethered or remotely connected, making it easier/quicker for me to write the note/list on the watch, sync only as a bonus. Before every time the watch went to sleep it's resync when I woke it but now it only syncs to the phone when I tell it to, stays open as a total standalone
    Miller6386 and LITBMED like this.

Remove Ads

Links