Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: [Review] Zenus Leather Case/Wallet

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool [Review] Zenus Leather Case/Wallet

OK, so I've had this case for a few days now and had some time to become acquainted with it and thought I'd share my thoughts. I got this case because I been in the market for a new wallet and figured I'd kill 2 birds with one stone and grab this case off Amazon. It's a bit pricey so I was hesitant, but I figured it will be doing double duty so I went for it.

PROS:
    • Looks - It really is a very unique and stylish case. Has a very professional feel and look to it, IMHO of course.
    • Quality - Of course time will tell about durability, but it seems to be very well stitched and constructed. The cut-outs for the s-pen, USB cord, headphone jack, speaker and earpiece are all perfectly placed and precisely cut.
    • Functionality - This one here is a bit tricky, as it will be in both pros and cons lists. If you travel lightly this is great case and as far as I am concerned is pretty low profile for a phone case/wallet combo.

CONS:
    • Functionality - (See told ya ) OK, I have to admit I was disappointed when I first got this case and started setting it up with the contents of my wallet. I quickly realized it was not going to function as a complete wallet replacement. This case can hold 3 credit cards and a drivers license and that's about it ... maybe a few bills too, but anything more would be tough. So, if you travel light this is the perfect case/wallet for you. Even with my DL, 3 cards and some cash, the case is bulging open a bit ...
    • Volume Rocker Access - You have to open the case to access the volume rocker I realize from an aesthetics stand-point this had to be done, who wants a cut-out right on the "binding" of the case, but from a user-friendly stand-point it's a bit a PITA. Not a huge deal, but a little annoyance for sure.

PICS:
    Name:  case 001.jpg
Views: 1955
Size:  94.1 KBName:  case 002.jpg
Views: 1023
Size:  92.8 KBName:  case 003.jpg
Views: 1162
Size:  83.8 KBName:  case 004.jpg
Views: 1022
Size:  87.7 KBName:  case 005.jpg
Views: 1032
Size:  93.3 KBName:  case 006.jpg
Views: 1035
Size:  98.1 KBName:  case 007.jpg
Views: 1135
Size:  86.1 KBName:  case 008.jpg
Views: 1083
Size:  89.8 KBName:  case 009.jpg
Views: 1004
Size:  96.5 KBName:  case 010.jpg
Views: 1038
Size:  97.9 KB

Thanks for looking
    Last edited by YankInDaSouth; 02-11-2013 at 10:39 AM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: [Review] Zenus Leather Case/Wallet

Thank you for review Yank.. :thumbup:
    "Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm"

FOLLOW FORUM RULES HERE!!

Super Moderator psychotic_penguin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice looking case a bit bulky for my taste, I had something similar for my N7.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, it may prove too bulky for me too ... I always preferred my phones in a holster (for quick access LOL). Never did like having my phone in my pocket ... so this case may be short lived. I am pretty simple - a shell/holster combo that Verizon usually carries is typically all I need. But for some reason I can't seem to track one down!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good review! This is the first case I've ever used for a phone and I like it a lot. And yes, for now it has replaced my wallet. It's nice having only one bulky item in my pocket. A couple credit cards, some bills, and some misc. cards do indeed fit fine - and my Note II is well protected in its stylish case.
    Bkdodger and njshoremom4gurlz like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Great review!! And very cool case. I love the outside of that case - very distinctive.
    YankInDaSouth likes this.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UPDATE:

Welp, this case has been retired already LOL Nothing at all to do with the quaity/function of the case, it's just that I am not a "phone in the pocket" kind of guy. I drive a lot at work and there is nothing worse then driving down the road and you get a text or a call and you have to fumble around to try and get your phone out. I am also in/out of my vehicle a lot too, so there were a few time where I had it sitting on my lap and it almost went flying when I got out.

I knew this going in and that was my biggest concern before purchasing this case ... just learned a $40 or so lesson that I don't like my phone in my pocket LOL! Who knows, if I can't off-load this case there may be some more karma around here
    Last edited by YankInDaSouth; 02-13-2013 at 12:10 PM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice review and now I see you have moved on ...what is the writing on the outside of the case?
    Hakuna Matata

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

STG, the smaller writing can be read with some effort but the large lettering reads

" I'm the foreigner...Nature infinitely better than...". Maybe a Google search will reveal the origin :-)
    smalltowngirl13 likes this.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know, I never tried to make out what it said LOL I just assumed it was a bunch of random words situated to look cool
    smalltowngirl13 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Links