Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jseah

Thread: Wireless Charging

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wireless Charging

Has anyone tried any of those Qi-compatible wireless chargers, like this one

Amazon.com: [Aftermarket Product] QI Wireless Charger Receiver Pad for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 N7105 LTE: Cell Phones & Accessories

or this one?

Amazon.com: SainSonic QI Standard Wireless Charger Receiver Tag for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 NOTE II N7100 LTE: Cell Phones & Accessories

Was wondering how well this stuff works. Does this interfere with the NFC on the Verizon Note II?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I heard of a few that works this way seems more stable I just want to know when fully charged does it cut off or does it continue to charge keeping it warm(battery/phone)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess I'll need to order one and let you know.
    LITBMED likes this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently the Verizon Note 2 does not come with the necessary wireless charging contacts. While the contacts are technically there on the board, the case of the phone covers it up so the only way you can mod a Verizon Note 2 to have wireless charging is to cut up the case. Not something I plan to do.

Junior Member rcarlson@g4com.com's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just received mine from Amazon, installed the adapter, plugged in the base and placed the phone on it. Base says "charging" (steady green light) but the phone says it is not being charged. I have placed a support request with Sain Sonic but no reply yet.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome @rcarlson@g4com.com to the forum which one did you buy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any news about wireless charging?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jseah View Post
    Apparently the Verizon Note 2 does not come with the necessary wireless charging contacts. While the contacts are technically there on the board, the case of the phone covers it up so the only way you can mod a Verizon Note 2 to have wireless charging is to cut up the case. Not something I plan to do.
    I wouldn't either those contacts are for the NFC antenna on the back cover. I'm not sure, but don't you need a special back for wireless charging?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnytheK View Post
    I wouldn't either those contacts are for the NFC antenna on the back cover. I'm not sure, but don't you need a special back for wireless charging?
    I was under that impression as well. While it has the capability for wireless charging, you need to have a special back cover that supports it as well. Same thing for the Note 3.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got one from an independent seller. The receiver (looked like a phony signal booster) was just held against the contacts by pressure from the back cover.

Even after "persuading" the contacts to stay in place with some double-sided tape and a magnifying glass, the charging unit was less than successful. It would only kick in when the phone was in a very precise position. Otherwise, it would actually drain the battery (high current flows to low, you can't beat the law). Not enough oomph to get that robust Note battery charging.

Seller graciously accepted the return. We don't hear NADA about Qi recently.

Remove Ads

Links