Thread: Telephoto Lens

Super Moderator mountainbikermark's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Telephoto Lens

I found this
    Telephoto Lens Kit Phone Camera Zoom 12X + Aluminum Tripod + Case Cover Pouch for Samsung Galaxy Note2 II N7100 DC273:Amazon:Cell Phones & Accessories

for the Note2. I have an older one that has a universal adaptor that doesn't go wide enough to wrap around the beast of a phone but on the devices it does work on it works very well and adds a nice addition to their photo taking capability. I've ordered one, should be here by Saturday and I'll post back my findings after using it a bit. I never used the tripod on my old one but just for kicks attached my Omnia to my big tripod once to see if it'd work, which it did.
    Amazon also has some for the Note3 for about the same price but I didn't see any with Prime shipping capability like the one for the Note2 I linked above.
    Last edited by mountainbikermark; 12-12-2013 at 07:54 AM.
    LITBMED likes this.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainbikermark View Post
    I found this
    Telephoto Lens Kit Phone Camera Zoom 12X + Aluminum Tripod + Case Cover Pouch for Samsung Galaxy Note2 II N7100 DC273:Amazon:Cell Phones & Accessories

for the Note2. I have an older one that has a universal adaptor that doesn't go wide enough to wrap around the beast of a phone but on the devices it does work on it works very well and adds a nice addition to their photo taking capability. I've ordered one, should be here by Saturday and I'll post back my findings after using it a bit. I never used the tripod on my old one but just for kicks attached my Omnia to my big tripod once to see if it'd work, which it did.
    Amazon also has some for the Note3 for about the same price but I didn't see any with Prime shipping capability like the one for the Note2 I linked above.
    Interesting you post this because I saw this a few months ago on eBay but didn't think anything of it... I'll wait to see/read your review before ordering this...
    Iphone 6s + 128GB
    Samsung Galaxy Note II X 3 and Galaxy Note III(x2) Plus .. GN4/GN Edge
    Motorola Xoom Tablet... Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0
    Samsung Gear S x 2
    Samsung Flip Phone-SGH-X427 (used as an Alarm only, Not to mention I bought it(x2) new lol)
    (Original) BB Storm owner
    (Original) Pink RAZR(Ahem! not mine, the wife's lol )
    Wanna know more about your note 2? http://www.note2forum.com/forum/gala...-note-2-a.html

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a couple of shots with and without. Standing about 30' away, stock camera, full auto.
    Case itself is just your standard cover the back and sides BUT has a nice grip to it, like a soft plastic vs hard plastic or icy slick of the naked phone. The cover does NOT come off readily and gives an oem ergonomics but, as I wrote before, with a much better grip. It's not as grippy as the Defender but much better than naked.
    The lens mounted very easily, just screwed into its mounting spot and the manual focus ring worked quickly and easily. The camera on the Note2 focused very fast with the lens on but while holding it in my hand the display looked like it was "liquidy" for lack of the proper term. The photos I took turned out fine and sharp and not the way the screen looked while holding it do it's just an optical illusion.
    It comes with a cloth carry bag that everything fits in easily, lens covers,a screen/lens cleaning cloth.
    I did try close ups with the lens attached and the camera didn't switch to macro so anything closer than a foot away you'll need to remove it or manually set macro.
    It came a day early but I'm very thankful for that because now I get to take it with us to the mountains tomorrow for a Santa train ride trip we'd planned back in August.
    My overall impression is on a lesser camera I could easily see the need for the tripod in many situations but the stellar camera only is made better by adding the 12x zoom capability. I'll mess with the Camera Zoom FX app at some point but so far I'm really liking the setup with the stock camera. I can leave my Sony p&s and Pentax hybrid at home now more often.
    Oh,1 more thing, the cover wraps around the phone just enough so if you lay it face down on a flat surface the screen isn't touching, about a mm high over the sides. Not Defender thick but enough in most instances I'll run into hopefully because the thing will be my everyday cover I'm thinking vs the pain of removing the Otterbox to get a zoomed shot.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by mountainbikermark; 12-13-2013 at 09:40 AM.
    UltraDroid and camping_guy like this.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    300' away, again full auto, with/without but notice the slight "ring" along the top. Easily cropped out if need be but there nonetheless
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Remove Ads

Links