Close

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sync GN2 to Outlook? Any prior BB users?

New to the forum and don't have a GN2 yet but seriously considering one to replace a Blackberry. After learning the new BB10 with BB Link no longer syncs natively to Outlook the way BB Deskstop Manager does I'm looking at all options and appreciate the larger screen and S-Pen capabilities. Primary BB function I use daily is to Sync with Outlook Contacts, Calendar, Tasks and Notes including Outlook Categories via USB cable to my Laptop since I run my business in Outlook. E-mail account in Outlook is a GMail IMAP. I don't mind paying for the best solution if it works as well as the BB Desktop Manager since this will be a business device and I will be gaining an awesome screen which should make viewing and editing documents and plans much easier. I am currently familiar with Companionlink / Deja Office (seems to be the most widely used and recommended on the syncdroid.net website); VC Organizer Pro; Mobisynapse mOffice Outlook Sync; and Android-Sync. Are there any others? Any first hand experience with any of these Apps or impressions of the GN2 from prior Blackberry users is very much appreciated. Thank you.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello and welcome aboard!

Here is a good link that shows alot of options available for Outlook Sync - Sync Android/Droid with Outlook/Exchange ...I use gSyncIt and am quite happy but it seems to offer different results for different users...

Good luck!
    Hakuna Matata

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum! Not an outlook user so hopefully the link STG gave ya helps out!

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Sync GN2 to Outlook? Any prior BB users?

Welcome aboard.. Great to have you with us...
    "Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm"

FOLLOW FORUM RULES HERE!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smalltowngirl13 View Post
    Hello and welcome aboard!

Here is a good link that shows alot of options available for Outlook Sync - Sync Android/Droid with Outlook/Exchange ...I use gSyncIt and am quite happy but it seems to offer different results for different users...

Good luck!
    Thanks for the suggestions, I am familiar with the comparison chart but am not that familiar with gSyncIt yet so I'll check that out. Should add that what's also important to me besides being able to keep my work in Outlook sync'd to my phone but the ability to filter my over 2,000 contacts by Category since I categorize by project and vendor based on a master category list I came up with so without that capability I'll just have 2,000 names I won't be able to use. This is currently so simple on prior BB's I don't know why its so difficult on other devices (and will be on the new BB).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just setup your gmail account on the device and all that info will sync onto it through the internet. The bb method you were using has been outdated for years.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JLFitzpatrick View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions, I am familiar with the comparison chart but am not that familiar with gSyncIt yet so I'll check that out. Should add that what's also important to me besides being able to keep my work in Outlook sync'd to my phone but the ability to filter my over 2,000 contacts by Category since I categorize by project and vendor based on a master category list I came up with so without that capability I'll just have 2,000 names I won't be able to use. This is currently so simple on prior BB's I don't know why its so difficult on other devices (and will be on the new BB).
    Once you find the program you want to sync, you may have to do a little of legwork to setup your categories (if they don't auto update)...
    Hakuna Matata

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had the z10 for a few days until I got steamed about the inability to transfer my 900+ contacts from my 9800. Also lost BIS and the ability of push email with the z10. So since I was drooling over the note 2 since Christmas, I decided to ditch the BB and haven't looked back. The note 2 does way more than I will ever use or figure out and if it won't do something specific that you need it to do, there will be an app or 10 that will make it do it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi JL I was looking at the BB10 and followed about 5 forums regarding their sync problems. Messy. I could not wait any longer - and I waited a year and a half to get a phone that did not sync with anything. (but that's another story) Went with the Note2 and frankly I don't know why I didn't go with an Android a long time ago. The Note2 is so good it's stupid.

Just an opinion - but I might stay away from Companion Link - it just seemed to mess up my phone with multiple contacts and entries - crashed a few times; and I DEFINITELY run a clean machine.

Here's what I use to get all my Outlook Data in my Note2

- gsyncit for synching the Outlook Calendar, contacts and tasks into the google account (that's your g mail account)

- for notes from Outlook I use Evernote - when you use the gsyncit your Outlook to your Google account your notes reside in Google drive.

- for tasks there are many that will sync with your Google tasks. I like GGT / GTD. Also Ultimate To Do is exceptional.

So that is gsyncit, Evernote and a 'to do' app. Granted this is a workaround but I've never enjoyed a new device as much as the Note2. You can try so many great apps that are really good.

if you wish a Calendar this displays both Appointments, and Tasks together - try Calengoo, very high ratings, and cheap at 5.99.

If I had one wish it would be that the S-Planner in the Note2 (stock calendar app) would sync tasks with google as well. Then the S-planner would be perfect.
    Last edited by woody; 05-16-2013 at 12:36 PM.

Remove Ads

Links