Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By brewer00psd

Thread: Bluetooth Headset Functionality Issues

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bluetooth Headset Functionality Issues

I recently bought a new bluetooth headset. It is a Bose version 2. I am having some issues with Voice commands and connectivity to my Note 2. I also pair it to my I-phone 4s . I have no issues with the Bose Bluetooth and the I-phone.
    When I try to do voice commands it beeps and sounds like it is ready for me to start talking. I say my command and get "sorry I did not get that" or it sets and thinks till it shuts down. Anyone else have this issue or know a solution? I may try replacing the Bluetooth, but it does not Make sense I have no Issues with siri, but with S-voice, Google voice, and Robin I get nothing. With my Cheap $20 blue tooth I had no issues like this.
    thanks,
    Matt
    Last edited by brewer00psd; 02-15-2013 at 12:03 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one's having blue tooth headset issues here? I have seen a couple other boards mention it with the S3 and or syncing with a vehicle. Haven't seen anything about an N2 and a headset. Maybe it's just my handset. But i did get a little better reaction once i dumped the google search and voice updates. Guess I'll backup, dump everything, reset, and reload. Wish me luck.
    Matt

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Bluetooth Headset Functionality Issues

Sorry, must have missed this post.

But I am not having any BT issues with my Plantronics Voyager Pro.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No problems with mines either...unsure why your very expensive and nice head phones are having trouble

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Found this review: Bose Series 2 Bluetooth Headset Review | Mobile Phone News, Reviews and More

And from it: "Things that are worth noting though, is that the Bose Series 2 headset doesnt have voice prompts like most popular business headsets have nowadays. It also doesnt show battery life remaining in the iPhone status bar like rival Plantronics and Jawbone headsets do, but admittedly the headset has a battery indicator right on the body. There are also so companion apps in the App Store or Android Market to give you more options with using the headset, but that’s probably a very minor issue for most folks out there."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, just wanted to let you know that I had some almost same problems too. I was searching for help to fix it and I couldn't find solution. So just wanted to let you know if you want to buy new and better bluetooth headset, I recommend you one site which will help you to make your choice.
    Bluetooth Headsets Reviews

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for all the replies.
    After the reset things didn't get any better. I did come across many posts on other forums while searching google. It sounds like this may be a much more widespread issue than I thought. It seems older cheap BT headsets are a non issue. Then ones most are having issues with are the newr highend units. They also commented that after removing google voice, search, and now updates things got a little better. It woeked so so for me. At least now it recognizes my spoken words if enitialized and records when given the command from the keyboard on the handset when the BT is bound and linked. If the BT is not linked and on the handset is perfect. It is still only working 1 out of 10 times if giving a command for hands free using only the BT.
    Matt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I switched from an older Samsung headset to a newer one because of voice recognition. I like the newer one better, but voice recognition still sucks--or rather s-voice sucks. It is embarrassingly bad. I've read about others replacing it with something from the market.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tried to update the bluetooth. Downloaded the update and tried to install it. Ran the update program and got a message that it was up to date already.
    Not sure why, but now it works almost without fault. Hopefully not just me and it is actually working better.
    Matt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I finally found something that worked. But unfortunately not before I bought a new blue tooth.

Kawipoo on Droid foeums resonded to a similiar thread to mine for a razor maxx.

Uninstall all updates for Google Play Music and stop them from updating.
    I did this and then disabled the app and instantly voice commands are working.
    Unreal. Good luck.
    Matt
    Bkdodger likes this.

Links