• 1 Post By BayouFlyFisher
  • 3 Post By FirstLight

Thread: Note Battery..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Note Battery..

guys i would like to ask how long will the battery of galaxy note 2 lasts?

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not a tech, but it lasts a long time. It largely depends on what you do with your phone after you turn it on. Hang on for awhile and we'll get you a more concise answer to your question.

GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah thanks.. because i think my note 2 drains the battery so fast.. evrn if im not using it for an hour the battery decreases by 7%

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onigz View Post
    Yeah thanks.. because i think my note 2 drains the battery so fast.. evrn if im not using it for an hour the battery decreases by 7%
    Somethings wrong there! My Note 2 (now my wife's phone) drains about 1.0% per hour, or so. There are some good threads on here about maximizing battery life. However, they all revolve around turning off things/services you don't personally need/use. Use wifi anytime it's available, turn off some of the location services and sync only the things you really need updated frequently.

Good luck.

OH, and Welcome to the Forum!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just ran across this thread on the Note 3 forum. It should offer you some insights. * * * INCREASE Battery Life * * * - xda-developers

Good luck!
    Jive Turkee likes this.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum. .definitely check out the link ..Also are you in good reception area ? That will also drain battery ...wifi when possible will help ..
    "Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm"

FOLLOW FORUM RULES HERE!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the insights.. i'll try to disablr and stop some apps to check if i can have a better result..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi onigz,

It is very difficult to provide a satisfactory answer to a question like "How long does a Galaxy Note II battery last?" because there are so many variables. It may be perfectly normal for your Note II to burn through its battery in 3 hours or less while another Note II lasts 2 days. The only valid answer is: "It depends." And it depends on A LOT of factors.

Here are some:

1 - The quantity of radios active in your phone and each one's power level (cell network, data network (3G or 4G), wifi, bluetooth, gps, etc).
    2 - The amount of time the display is on and the brightness level it uses.
    3 - The mix of apps and Android features active on your phone.
    4 - Whether or not your phone has been infected with malicious spyware.
    5 - The condition of your phone's battery.
    6 - The ambient temperature.

I'm in a weak signal area most of the time which causes my Note II to turn its cell and 3G/4G data transceivers up to a high power level. So my phone naturally uses more energy than someone who spends most of their day near an in-network cell node. Yet, if I keep all of my other radios off, I can go 24 hours (sometimes 36) before I need to recharge my stock Samsung 3100 mAh battery. However, if I turn additional radios on, like gps, wifi and bluetooth, I won't make it 8 hours. For example, using my Note II as a gps navigator will run the battery down much faster.

One reason I chose a Note II was to avoid having to carry a separate tablet around. So I use my phone a lot and I've found many uses for it that I didn't originally anticipate. For example, during the fairer months, I use it to help me train for long-distance bicycle rides (we have a number of famous and historic century rides in my area). I use my Note II to track these workouts. When I do this, I use a special app (No Screen Off Extended) to lock the display on so it won't turn off, and I turn on my gps and wifi radios to help my training app (Endomondo Pro) track me along my route. I'll ride 25 miles each weekday morning and build up to 75 miles on weekends before a big 100 mile (century) ride. Under these conditions, my Note II is using its battery quite fast.

So I retrofitted my Note II (and my wife's Note II) with a 6200 mAh battery, extended back cover and case from Hyperion. I can make it the entire 100 miles on a single charge. And when I'm not pushing my phone to such extremes, I only need to charge it once every 3 or more days. My wife and I like the freedom this gives us.

One of the things I hate about most free apps is ads! And one of the nasty characteristics of the apps with ads is that they frequently connect to their parent ad server over a data or wifi connection to download the ads to your phone, speeding the drain of your battery. So I am rarely willing to install a "free" app if it has ads. You have to carefully inspect your apps and system settings to find these kinds of background processes that run without you realizing it and consume your battery. That's one reason why I rooted my Note II—so I can disable the ones that I don't want to use, don't need, and can safely live without.

I realize I haven't given you a succinct answer. But that's because the question doesn't have one (at least not without lots of qualifications). But I hope it provides some perspective on the issue.

Kind regards, FirstLight

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My note 2 battery took a crap. I was taking pics oneday and all of the sudden the phone powered off. Even though my battery said it had 70% it went dead. Even if I had it connected to the charger, it wouldnt stay powered up. VZ wireless tech support sent me a replacement but even thst one wouldnt stay powered up with my battery installed. I got a new battery on Amazon for only $10. Since they were so inexpensive, ibought myself a spare as well as one for my daughters note 2.

Remove Ads

Links