• 1 Post By pc747
  • 2 Post By TeeX

Thread: note 2 great workout buddy

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

note 2 great workout buddy

If you like to workout then the note 2 helps compliment the work out. Unlike some tablets and devices that get in the way and slow you down this keeps you moving. And if you are like me and like to get in and get your work out done with out fooling around with cords and the phone then the note 2 will be the device for you.

1) voice control

Most of the time the music playing in the gym is set to a mix station but when you workout you want to be in your world. For 30-1hr you get to be in the moment to lose yourself and its like you in your own little capsule. Having the ability to control that world with your voice makes it even better. I personally use motorola's bt headsets.
    \

To be working in a set and be able to say "next" to skip a song or "volume up" to pump up your favorite song is awesome. Because we all know the feeling of a song in your mix that you want to skip while having a weight in your hand so now you have to stop in the middle of your set, take your phone out, unlock, and then hit skip....basically killing the mode. But with the note 2 you can say "next" and keep pumping. "How playa is that?"
    Now I have noticed that the device has to be unlocked and at times when moving equipment my headset picked up the noise causing the music to pause My solution: (this is the only time I will ever recommend a flip case) get a flip case (cheap one will work vs the one at the carrier store for 50 bucks). Set your phone to not sleep for 10 mins (max time). If you are doing a early workout or late workout and you want to conserve battery set the brightness to low, hit power saver and check limit cpu, change color, kill off all other tasks. This should help negate battery loss from the screen being on. (I may have lost 5-7% with screen on, using bt head phones, and not following my battery saving tips during an hour workout).
    The flip case will allow you to keep the screen on while in pocket...or you could do like I did and set it in the pouch of a small bag or o the bench next to you.

2) https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...EsImplLmZpdCJd
    ^ awesome app for workout idea or logging your workouts.

3)https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...Jrb3V0ZnJlZSJd
    ^nice little change up or home workout for light days.

Will add more when I get more info. Any one have any thing they want to add feel free.
    Last edited by pc747; 12-04-2012 at 02:02 PM.
    smalltowngirl13 likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    do you have a link for that workout armband for the Note2 ? Really interested in putting that on my Christmas list!

thank you

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice PC...would like to see the link to the armband as well ...
    Hakuna Matata

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smalltowngirl13 View Post
    Nice PC...would like to see the link to the armband as well ...
    actually found this one:

Arkon Sport Armband for Galaxy Note & Galaxy Note II - Phones Up to 5.5"

Name:  ARMBAND5-galaxy-Note2.jpg
Views: 2314
Size:  51.3 KB

I used Arkon for my armband for my S3 and really really liked it! I will be getting one of these, and will report back. I expect (hope) it to be as good as my previous one, they make great products.
    smalltowngirl13 and pc747 like this.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool - thanks TeeX...will look forward to your review ...
    Hakuna Matata

Links