Close

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Receiving No Calls

Can anyone advise?

Ive recently noticed that my Note 2 only processes about 1 out of every 10 calls received. For the one, my Note rings normally. For all the others, the caller hears no rings (and my Note records no missed calls) and is sent directly to my voice mail. And when that happens, I receive an alert (for a voice mail message) anywhere from a few moments after the message is left to many hours later.

I removed the SIM, put it into a different phone and it works just fine.

Is there anything to be done before I resort to sending it off to Samsung?

Thank you.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like the phone isn't seeing the signal a call is coming in. Who is your carrier? Does the phone show a strong signal?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On occasion, I will receive an alert for a voice mail message waiting for me or I will receive an SMS but in both cases, the notifications are hours after the messages were left/sent. The signal strength is very strong. The carrier is Vodafone U.K. As I noted, when the SIM is inserted in a different phone, it works perfectly. Just wondering if there is anything else I should be doing before I send it off to Samsung.

Many thanks.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
    On occasion, I will receive an alert for a voice mail message waiting for me or I will receive an SMS but in both cases, the notifications are hours after the messages were left/sent. The signal strength is very strong. The carrier is Vodafone U.K. As I noted, when the SIM is inserted in a different phone, it works perfectly. Just wondering if there is anything else I should be doing before I send it off to Samsung.

Many thanks.
    It does seem like there is a hidden menu that allows resetting of internal sim info..

Do you have any sort of call/sms blockers that could be causing it. Perhaps try booting into safe mode and trying it then

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for this.

Any idea how I might access the hidden menu (assuming that there is one)?

Remove Ads

Links