Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Cracked screen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cracked screen

OMG, I just dropped and shattered my Note 2 screen. The worst part is the phone is only 2 weeks old! Any suggestions on repairs or am I out $300? I live in So Cal, bought from Best Buy and on Verizon network. The phone is still working, just a badly cracked screen. PLEASE HELP!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Here's a link that seems to offer some hope of repair: Galaxy note 2 - N7105 parts and how do guides - Galaxy note 2 - N7105 - iFixit
    pc747 and Rayhodge02 like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Cracked screen

Aww... that stinks. Did you have it in a case?

And do you have insurance with Verizon?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have insurance on the phone you should definitely get it especially with this beast of a phone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are many repair video on YouTube. You can watch the repair video first. If you're sure that you can buy a replacement part and repalce it yourself. I found a replacement part here for you after searched, which seems expensive. But if you're not sure, then you'd better go to the carrier. Good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yea thats crazy...i have a clear rubber back cover that kinda comes around each corner and i dropped mine last night out of my jacket pocket onto our kitchen floor (Slate tile) from our barstool...didnt really notice till today at work i have a small chip/crack at the top left corner of my screen. Its weird cause i cant even feel it but jus see it. Ive dropped phones before but one little fall like this and i already have this. May not be a big deal to some but to me...it is! Okay whens the latest and greatest coming out! hahahah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had dropped mine over the holidays and shattered the glass. Does anyone know if I need to just try and get the glass piece or the glass and sensor thing. I am so sad. The phone was awesome. It still works great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SGH-i317 Glass Lens

I have a SGH-I317 does anyone know if I just need the glass and new glue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too have recently crack my Galaxy Note 2 over the holidays. To my understanding the lens repair of the Note 2 is identical to the Samsung Galaxy S3. Unfortunately there aren't any videos I could find of someone using this method on a Note 2, probably because they are smarter than I and have dropped it, but once I get my lens in I will be filming it and uploading it here.

Here's a link to the kit I got. Amazon.com: Outer Screen Glass Lens For Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 Gray + Free Tools: Cell Phones & Accessories
    Last edited by Kouryu; 01-01-2013 at 09:22 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My son dropped his S3 and cracked the screen. I purchased a replacement screen and digitizer online, but haven't gotten around to replacing it yet. The crack is in the corner of the screen and otherwise is still functioning fine. From what I had read, some have commented that it is near impossible to remove the glass screen without damaging the digitizer, so that was why I opted to get a complete replacement glass screen and digitizer unit at $200+ rather than $20+ for just a replacement glass screen. The videos showing the replacement online seems pretty straightforward, although it seems the hardest part is heating up the glue on the old digitizer and removing it from the phone. I'm still debating whether to attempt to replace it myself, or paying someone else to do it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links