User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problems with Clockwork recovery mode GT-N7100

Morning all,
    Wondering if anyone can help me out here, I've rooted the phone fine with no issues root checker says it's rooted, I 've installed CWM6-recovery-note2.tar.md5 via Odin3 v3.04 which was succesful however now when you try to boot into recovery mode the screen bounces all over like an out of tune TV/re-boots/stays blank and you cant access the re-boot screen etc I can still acess the download page, The phone still works on it's original ROM,

Currently running on 4.1.2,Baseband version N7100XXDLK7/Build JZ054.N7100XXDMB2

Was hoping to install Revolution HD ROM

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Problems with Clockwork recovery mode GT-N7100

Not a CWM user myself so I cannot offer and help. But I am sure someone will be around shortly to assist.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Problems with Clockwork recovery mode GT-N7100

I'm not using CW either but I'm thinking if checking thru Rom manager update recovery might work..
    "Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm"

FOLLOW FORUM RULES HERE!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I was an early adopter and die hard user of Clockwork Mod. But I personally think is/can be very quirky. The behavior you are referencing is exactly why I left it. I now use TWRP and could not be happier: TeamWin Projects - TWRP 2.4 - | TeamWin

Good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How did you sort it out and will I need to try and re-boot an orginal ROM using either TWRP or ODIN?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorted it! just as well as it was getting worse trying to reboot it each time seriously thought I'd bricked it! Looks like I installed the wrong CWM I foundthe correct one https://hotfile.com/dl/176065007/332...21014.tar.html and was able to re-flash it over the top of the other one so far so good!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa lazaro View Post
    How did you sort it out and will I need to try and re-boot an orginal ROM using either TWRP or ODIN?
    I sorted it out by using CWM one last time to flash a zip version of TWRP. Later I learned that you can flash TWRP from the GooManager app. Instructions for that are to open the app, press your phone's menu button and select "Install OpenRecovery". That will replace CWM with TWRP.

Good luck.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad I wasn't the only one! The link in your post below, are there instructions with it? I was starting to get worried when the screen started flickering but after trhe screen went blank I just removed the battery and alls fine but I really want to install a Custom Rom.
    Regards

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome @Gags111 have you tried twrp? I don't care for cmw anymore

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayhodge02 View Post
    Welcome @Gags111 have you tried twrp? I don't care for cmw anymore
    Hi thanks for the reply.
    I just followed the supposedly easy instructions and expected CWM to boot up after rooting. Below is what I have posted on the "Android forums" for the Note 2 in the All things root section for International version GT- N7100(see if there is anything obviously wrong?)

Ive obviously done something wrong. I would give TWRP a try after looking at the other forums they say its better and simpler.
    What are my next steps

HELP PLEASE!!
    You've all probably heard it a thousand times before but here goes;
    After years of reluctance and caution I decided to root my Android device.
    I was quite pleased after looking at all the forums and videos at how easy it can be to root your GT-N7100.
    I found this link and followed the instructions
    How to root Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 (Jelly Bean)
    I followed all the instructions. One difference being that when I connected my device the com box on ODIN3 was Blue not yellow but after looking at a few forums the new versions of ODIN display Blue in the Com box not yellow when your device is connected?
    I went ahead anyway and after hitting start on ODIN the confirmation Box went green and said pass but my phone really did nothing. I was expecting it to boot in to CWM which the instructions stated could take between 5-8 mins to complete.
    When my phone turned on it was still the same settings? I then checked that SuperSu was in my app drawer. I downloaded TTB to back up all my settings and also a Root checker(which confirmed I was rooted)
    To get into CWM I pressed Vol+,Home key,Power button simultaneously but the screen displayed;
    Android System Recovery <3e>.
    reboot system now
    apply update from SD card
    wipe data/factory reset
    wipe cache partition
    ???????????
    I pressed the power button and the phone turned on as normal?
    With the instructions I follwed initially did I put Clockwork mod on my phone?
    I then looked at another forum and found a clockwork mod link and used ODIN to put it on my device? should I have done that?
    Now when I press Vol+,Home key,Power button simultaneously it wont go into Android recovery or CWM but instead the screen flickers and goes blank? I took the battery out and powered it up and alls fine.
    But I want to put a custom Rom on!!!!
    1. Should I be concerned?
    2. What should I do now?
    Anyones help would be very much appreciated.
    Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links