Close

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: [Q] Enable USB debugging via ADB?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Q] Enable USB debugging via ADB?

Is this even a possibility? Everything i've tried to do to bring the phone back to life after an ota screw up (my bad) hasn't worked so I'm shooting for alternatives. I know that the drivers are working and the cable is good -- new phone -- so maybe adb is a resource to look at, however I'm not familiar with adb enough to try this. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't believe you can but I've used a toolkit by the developer to bring back my S-II and Nexus 4 when it wouldn't boot. Might have to go back to stock and start over.
    [Galaxy Note2 TOOLKIT V4.1.0 GSM] Drivers, Backup, Root, Recovery, Flash Stock Image - xda-developers

Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 7 Pro
    OnePlus 6T

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm thinking you can't enable usb with adb command but I'm not too familiar... Since you can get to download mode the pit file is not working for you? I've heard others speak about Mobile Odin as well not sure if that would help...
    "Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm"

FOLLOW FORUM RULES HERE!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrant3876 View Post
    Don't believe you can but I've used a toolkit by the developer to bring back my S-II and Nexus 4 when it wouldn't boot. Might have to go back to stock and start over.
    [Galaxy Note2 TOOLKIT V4.1.0 GSM] Drivers, Backup, Root, Recovery, Flash Stock Image - xda-developers
    I ran through every option in the toolkit but each time it hangs at "waiting for usb debugging"...

I appreciate the suggestion. Thanks
    Last edited by ohwow; 05-07-2013 at 11:40 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bkdodger View Post
    I'm thinking you can't enable usb with adb command but I'm not too familiar... Since you can get to download mode the pit file is not working for you? I've heard others speak about Mobile Odin as well not sure if that would help...
    Odin isn't seeing the phone (no id:com response) when I know the drivers and cable are working..

Thanks for the help, though!
    Last edited by ohwow; 05-07-2013 at 11:40 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I know you said the drivers are working.. But I've seen issues with many ppl.. Where they still unintalled drivers... Rebooted.. And installed drivers again for odin to see phone.. Sounds weird but worked for some..

Also do you have another computer to try fresh.. And odin I believe there were two some were using as well.. Sorry rambling but throwing ideas..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bkdodger View Post
    I know you said the drivers are working.. But I've seen issues with many ppl.. Where they still unintalled drivers... Rebooted.. And installed drivers again for odin to see phone.. Sounds weird but worked for some..

Also do you have another computer to try fresh.. And odin I believe there were two some were using as well.. Sorry rambling but throwing ideas..
    Thank you, I appreciate ANY tips. I've actually tried to fix this on three different pcs and even a mac. Odin actually sees the phone today (no idea why), but when I use the pit file with root66, it checks out ok but fails after clicking the start button (it hangs at setupconnection then fails). Maybe its time to do a search on selling this beautiful but dead phone for parts--had an offer to talk about it but I have no idea what its worth.

Thank you Sir BK, for you continued help!

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I hope you can fix it.. I'd love to see success.. It sounds like a step further today..

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwow View Post
    Thank you, I appreciate ANY tips. I've actually tried to fix this on three different pcs and even a mac. Odin actually sees the phone today (no idea why), but when I use the pit file with root66, it checks out ok but fails after clicking the start button (it hangs at setupconnection then fails). Maybe its time to do a search on selling this beautiful but dead phone for parts--had an offer to talk about it but I have no idea what its worth.

Thank you Sir BK, for you continued help!
    Another thread I've read.. When it fails.. Did you try to pull cable out and reinsert.. Either same or different port? Seems when I google the issue happens often across different phones..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Links