Close

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Trying to root my Note 2 and I think I broke it...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trying to root my Note 2 and I think I broke it...

So I was originally rooted (using this method), but then I got the 4.1.2 update. Well silly me I didn't realize it would remove my root. So some of my apps said I wasn't rooted anymore.

No big deal! I thought, I'd just re-root myself using the same steps! Well I still had everything saved on my computer, so I used Odin to root my phone again! Well, here comes the problem.. It gets stuck in an endless restart loop.. It shows the Samsung splash, and then the colorful 4G stuff, and then it just loops between those two forever....

So then I came on here to figure out what was wrong. Yes, I understand my huge mistake in not doing that ORIGINALLY. So I rebooted into the mode where I can download from a computer still (vol-down/home button/power button) and ran the new root method from this forum crossing my fingers that it would still work... No dice..

Here is my pastebin. Am I screwed? Do I need to send in my phone? Is there any way to get the data off?

Thanks for everyone's help!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can u still get back into download mode?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by madtrucker View Post
    Can u still get back into download mode?
    If by download mode, you mean the image in the center shown here, then yes I can.

Edit: Ok. So I derped yet again. Didn't notice I needed different Windows 8 drivers. So this time I got about a third of the way through Casual, when it hit a critical error and stopped. Here is the pastebin for that.
    Last edited by Raiderxx; 06-06-2013 at 05:00 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiderxx View Post

If by download mode, you mean the image in the center shown here, then yes I can.

Edit: Ok. So I derped yet again. Didn't notice I needed different Windows 8 drivers. So this time I got about a third of the way through Casual, when it hit a critical error and stopped. Here is the pastebin for that.
    Yes that is download mode. You should be able to reflash the stock 4.1.2 rom back on there using Odin & the pit file. Then try the casual again. Let me see if I can find the link. I'm hoping Bkdodger or Rayhodge02 show up, because those 2 know a lot more than I do.

Edit: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2024207

Section 1b. Read it good, watch the video. Flash the pit file w/ Odin. That should put you back at 4.1.1 Then you can run the casual w/ the back atcha verizon tar or update to 4.1.2 and use the casual w/ the No You method. This is what I would do. Wait for some more knowledgeable opinions in here, see what the smarter guys say.
    Last edited by madtrucker; 06-06-2013 at 08:48 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright. Thank you I will look over it and then wait till tomorrow to see if anyone else has any comments. I appreciate the help. Any idea if this method will wipe my data (or is it long gone by this point lol)? I don't have anything super important but it's not going to be fun to organize all my apps the way they were before.. Thanks again for the help!

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey y'all . Welcome to the forum...I'm no pro at reading the pastebin but from the little I see adb waiting on device sounds like drivers issues..Do you have Kies installed on computer ? If so uninstall...Also might be good to delete all drivers and re download new after a computer reboot... It would probably be easier to post the pastebin on XDA (casual ) thread as there are a few members including Adam of course that can give a better opinion..
    "Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm"

FOLLOW FORUM RULES HERE!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bkdodger View Post
    Hey y'all . Welcome to the forum...I'm no pro at reading the pastebin but from the little I see adb waiting on device sounds like drivers issues..Do you have Kies installed on computer ? If so uninstall...Also might be good to delete all drivers and re download new after a computer reboot... It would probably be easier to post the pastebin on XDA (casual ) thread as there are a few members including Adam of course that can give a better opinion..
    Hey! Originally, yes. I think it was a driver issue. Then I was able to fix that. Do you see anything in this pastebin that looks weird? Thanks so much for your opinion and I will post this to Casual as well.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You probably have seen this link, but here is the answer. Read read read. Get your study cap on. Let us know how you make out. Good luck. You can do it!

Questions about Unlocking or Recovering from a Soft Brick? LOOK HERE BEFORE POSTING!! - xda-developers
    ggrant3876 likes this.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Any luck? I'm hoping someone was able to pinpoint...
    "Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm"

FOLLOW FORUM RULES HERE!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by madtrucker View Post
    You probably have seen this link, but here is the answer. Read read read. Get your study cap on. Let us know how you make out. Good luck. You can do it!

Questions about Unlocking or Recovering from a Soft Brick? LOOK HERE BEFORE POSTING!! - xda-developers
    Thanks! I ended up following those instructions and pretty much wiped my phone.. Google remembered my settings and contacts (and everything else super important was on my sd card) so yeah. I followed the instructions and then rooted my phone again and proceeded to move all my apps back to where they were. Thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by Bkdodger View Post
    Any luck? I'm hoping someone was able to pinpoint...
    Not the ideal luck unfortunately.. It sounded like I soft bricked my phone, so there was no way to get out of the boot loop without wiping my phone (which I ended up doing). I used the above quoted guide and then in section 1b I used the Alternate Restore file and proceeded to wipe my phone and the subsequently root it. Root66 (which is not supposed to wipe your data) did not work. Hope that helps!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Links