Close

User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Serpico
  • 1 Post By Rayhodge02

Thread: All my TWRP backups are GONE ~ What happened?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All my TWRP backups are GONE ~ What happened?

I am a VERY big proponent of backing up via recovery prior to every mod, flash, etc. I even keep my original "just unlocked" and "just rooted" nandroids. I've been rooted since 11/2012 and had about 5 nandroid BUs stored.

Today, I went to restore a previous TWRP backup and it was missing. In fact, EVERY nandroid bu I have ever made is gone! The directories are EMPTY. Checked via RootExplorer, and connected to my laptop (SD card and Phone storage). Nadda ~ zero ~ zilch.

How does this happen? I'm really po'd right now. I've even lost my original images. This sucks.

Unbelievable.

-Serp
    Cheers, Serpico

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What rom was you on?? did you go from 4.3 back top 4.2/4.1.2 If you flashed asop did you look in the "0" folder?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been storing mine on the sd card because they accidentally got wiped out on the phone. Also been backing them up to the computer because I'm not having good luck with sd cards. I realize I'm not helping here. GL I hope you find them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayhodge02 View Post
    What rom was you on?? did you go from 4.3 back top 4.2/4.1.2 If you flashed asop did you look in the "0" folder?
    Sup Ray,

JellyBeans v20 ~ nope never went backwards. Still on 4.1.2. I did a full search using RootExplorer for my naming convention, and nothing came back. In fact, the TWRP config files in the BU dir show the date of my last BU (8/13/13), and the folder (appears to be MD5-ish named) is there; it's just empty.
    Cheers, Serpico

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by madtrucker View Post
    I've been storing mine on the sd card because they accidentally got wiped out on the phone. Also been backing them up to the computer because I'm not having good luck with sd cards. I realize I'm not helping here. GL I hope you find them.
    Definitely stored on the SD card ~ I should have backed them to the computer, hind-sight 20/20 and all.
    Cheers, Serpico

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wow thats crazy something like that happen when i went from ICS to jellybeans(yea a while ago) but nothing recent ...man sorry to hear that are you going to unroot so you cant get clean backups again

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayhodge02 View Post
    Wow thats crazy something like that happen when i went from ICS to jellybeans(yea a while ago) but nothing recent ...man sorry to hear that are you going to unroot so you cant get clean backups again
    Fortunately I'm not down, just wanted to restore to a previous BU. I just did a new nandroid to see where it stored, and it went into the dir I suspected (that was empty).

I may unroot ~ go back to stock ~ then go straight to Beans v21 if this happens again. Or, I may do it just for the heck of it
    Rayhodge02 likes this.
    Cheers, Serpico

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yea beans is my dd also!!!
    mattnphuron likes this.

Remove Ads

Links