Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Need help with notification/vibration settings

IIT
    Quote Originally Posted by dawg55555 View Post
    I was thinking it was Samsung. Wonder if this is achievable on other ICS/JB phones. Atleast if I can get hold of an app that overrides all the default settings, that should be it. Trouble is - I haven't found one that works.
    I would think even if you did find an app like that it would require root privileges to override a system setting.

Edit: something like this? https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...profileprolite Didn't look too closely at it ....I am sure you scoured the play store already through.
    Last edited by YankInDaSouth; 02-08-2013 at 02:16 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey dawg, I use Quick Profiles and here is what may work for you.
    On your phone under the sound settings, uncheck "sound and vibration."
    In the messaging app (I am using stock app), Uncheck "vibrate."
    a) Loud ringing and SMS notifications (both without vibration)
    Ringer mode >>>Ring
    Volumes set to your preference
    Ring and notification tones seem to go with what is set in the phone sound settings and not what I set in the profile

b) Vibrating ringing and vibrating SMS
    Ringer Mode >>> Vibrate
    Set all Volumes to zero
    No checks for ringtone and notification tones

I played with this and it worked for me.

I hope this helps you get it working for you.

DeJavu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,
    I am using "Profile Scheduler" and I am able to set individual vibrate and volume for Calls and SMS in different profiles.
    It seems like you have tried that one and I am a bit confused why it was not working for you.
    (A note: -My favourite in this app is setting a key word, for example "meeting", and it detects this word in my calendar and it sets the phone profile to my "meeting settings" for that specific time then return to "normal" profile after meeting ends in the calendar.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ronron_s View Post
    Hi,
    I am using "Profile Scheduler" and I am able to set individual vibrate and volume for Calls and SMS in different profiles.
    It seems like you have tried that one and I am a bit confused why it was not working for you.
    (A note: -My favourite in this app is setting a key word, for example "meeting", and it detects this word in my calendar and it sets the phone profile to my "meeting settings" for that specific time then return to "normal" profile after meeting ends in the calendar.)
    I tried this app too , and I really don't know why they don't work. FYI, before I use the app, the following settings are in place:

a) Sound and vibration - unchecked
    b) in the stock messaging app, 'vibrate' is unchecked.

So what am I doing wrong !??

Quote Originally Posted by DeJavu View Post
    Hey dawg, I use Quick Profiles and here is what may work for you.
    On your phone under the sound settings, uncheck "sound and vibration."
    In the messaging app (I am using stock app), Uncheck "vibrate."
    a) Loud ringing and SMS notifications (both without vibration)
    Ringer mode >>>Ring
    Volumes set to your preference
    Ring and notification tones seem to go with what is set in the phone sound settings and not what I set in the profile

b) Vibrating ringing and vibrating SMS
    Ringer Mode >>> Vibrate
    Set all Volumes to zero
    No checks for ringtone and notification tones

I played with this and it worked for me.

I hope this helps you get it working for you.

DeJavu
    DeJavu, unfortunately no luck, I tried exactly what you suggested. Nogo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go to a local store, maybe they can assist better. We have tried and no success. Good luck..please dont take this the wrong way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey guys i'm havin the same dilemma, and i've been tryin to find a solution for weeks now. hope somebody can shed some light on this issue!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imx2pr View Post
    hey guys I'm having the same dilemma, and i've been trying to find a solution for weeks now. hope somebody can shed some light on this issue!
    I think this is the same issue I had. When my phone was set to sound, the phone and notifications would come in fine both with the phone set to "sound only" and to "vibrate while ringing". As soon as I set it to vibrate, the phone would vibrate for a split second then the icon in the status bar would change to mute and it would stop vibrating. Most of the time it would just switch to mute and I wouldn't hear or feel anything. Also, if the phone was set to sound, and I received a phone call, the phone would switch itself from sound to vibrate once I hung up the phone. WTF right?

I have wasted countless hours trying to get this POS to do the simplest of things and have read several forums posts all over the internet trying to see what gives, but I didn't find an easy solution such as a setting out of place. I went through the settings a million times, deleted all my 3rd party apps, pulled the battery, and still had the issue. I have been cursing myself for switching from iPhone with it's simple sound on/off switch.

Rant: If Android should copy anything from another manufacturer it should be Apple's silent switch and/or Blackberry's notifications. It also irritates me that the volume rocker only controls the ringer...if I turn my phone down, I want it turned down, what a PITA to have to go in and turn down the notification volume...why can't there be a checkbox to link the two....retarded.

Anyway, long story short is that I got it to work, I backed up all my files and contacts and performed a factory reset and the vibration setting works again. *Not sure what screwed it up in the first place, but I am glad it's back..I am leery of adding apps now, something had to have messed it up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Links