Close

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Apps could not access 2g data on my Note 2 :(

Some of my apps like whatsapp. accuweather, wordfeud, ruzzle etc. are not able to access 2g data on my phone while these apps work fine on wifi. Also I can surf the internet by 2g data on my phone and apps like facebook, twitter, currents etc. can also access 2g data. Please help me regarding this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum NB! I've got nothing as to some apps not using 2G. Could it be that some apps these days are hard programed by the developer to only use 3G, 4G and Wifi?? I'll look around, but I've got nothing right now. I'm sure some other folks will join in soon and help with a real answer.

Hope you enjoy things here.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Apps could not access 2g data on my Note 2 :(

Welcome to the forum.. I'm not sure on apps either.. Just wanted to welcome you over..
    "Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm"

FOLLOW FORUM RULES HERE!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I googled this and found a lot of issues with Whatsapp? but not many other apps. I found this on the Whatsapp website in their FAQ's concerning connection issues:

• Reboot your phone (power off, power on).
    • Upgrade WhatsApp to the latest version: Press "Download Now" - once the download is complete, open the file to initiate installation
    • Turn Wi-Fi off and back on (Android Settings > Wireless & networks > Wi-Fi)
    • Try connecting to different Wi-Fi hotspots.
    • Turn Airplane mode on and off.
    • Make sure that data is enabled (Android Settings > Wireless & networks > Mobile networks)
    • Go to Settings > Data Usage > [Menu button] > make sure "Restrict background data" is unchecked
    • Contact your mobile provider and make sure your APN settings are configured correctly.
    • If you are often connected to Wi-Fi, check your Wi-Fi sleep policy (Homescreen > [Menu Button] > Settings > Wi-Fi > [Menu Button] > Advanced > Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep) and make sure it is set to "Always" or "Only when plugged in."
    • Reboot your Wi-Fi Router.
    • Verify that you receive your Google mail emails on time.
    • Delete and re-install WhatsApp (Note: This will erase your chat history. Be sure to run a manual backup beforehand: WhatsApp > [Menu button] > Settings > Chat Preferences > Chat History Backup).
    • Upgrade your Android OS to the latest version for your device.

If you are able to connect on Wi-Fi but not on your mobile connection (EDGE/2G/3G) double check your APN configuration with your mobile provider. You must be able to send and receive non-web traffic in order to use WhatsApp.
    If none of this works, be sure to check our Twitter status. We will inform you of any outages through tweets.Cheers,WhatsApp Support Team

Remove Ads

Links