Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: FAIL when I try to download from odin3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy FAIL when I try to download from odin3

Yesterday I tried to flash clockworkmod recovery on my rooted note2. Got the message that there is unauthorized software and to take the phone to verizon. I was directed here to return the phone to stock using the xda developers instructions and given the links. Thanks for that.

I downloaded both the pit file and the VRALJB file, which took 3 hours with my slow internet connection. Installed the files in Odin3 and hit the start button. The install starts ok and gets thru, S Boot.bin and then Fails. Tired it a couple of times with the same result. I have no idea where to go next other then trying to download the VRALJB file again. Hope we can get this figured out. Thanks G

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Garyalp View Post
    Yesterday I tried to flash clockworkmod recovery on my rooted note2. Got the message that there is unauthorized software and to take the phone to verizon. I was directed here to return the phone to stock using the xda developers instructions and given the links. Thanks for that.

I downloaded both the pit file and the VRALJB file, which took 3 hours with my slow internet connection. Installed the files in Odin3 and hit the start button. The install starts ok and gets thru, S Boot.bin and then Fails. Tired it a couple of times with the same result. I have no idea where to go next other then trying to download the VRALJB file again. Hope we can get this figured out. Thanks G
    If it was my phone, I would go to this thread and follow the instructions implicitly: [ODIN][VRALJB] Restore to Stock - xda-developers

That will return your phone to 100% stock. From there I would use the thread that Bk provided yesterday for unlocking the bootloader: Jailbreak(bootloader unlock) / Root / TWRP Recovery -- Even after update [26JAN13] - xda-developers

On all of your downloads be sure to check the md5 sums in order to assure you have a clean download. And then follow the instructions very, very carefully. I would also recommend that you read those two threads (yes I know they are jillion pages long, but they both contain some great information).

Good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouFlyFisher View Post
    If it was my phone, I would go to this thread and follow the instructions implicitly: [ODIN][VRALJB] Restore to Stock - xda-developers

That will return your phone to 100% stock. From there I would use the thread that Bk provided yesterday for unlocking the bootloader: Jailbreak(bootloader unlock) / Root / TWRP Recovery -- Even after update [26JAN13] - xda-developers

On all of your downloads be sure to check the md5 sums in order to assure you have a clean download. And then follow the instructions very, very carefully. I would also recommend that you read those two threads (yes I know they are jillion pages long, but they both contain some great information).

Good luck.
    Thanks for the reply... I did exactly that. Odin checks the md5 sums before it uses a file in the PDA section. I get a message that the md5 is ok... Do you happen to know if the "bin" files come from the VRALJB download? If one file was corrupted that may be why I get a "fail". Would the md5 sum check ok if there was a corrupted file? As you can tell I really dont know alot about what is happening within the programs. As of now I have a bricked note2 because I am unable to download the stock rom. Thinking about running it over with my car and make an insurance claim if I cant get this resolved. lol...

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: FAIL when I try to download from odin3

Did you get it resolved?
    "Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm"

FOLLOW FORUM RULES HERE!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bkdodger View Post
    Did you get it resolved?
    Hi... I am happy to say that I did get the problem resolved. I searched the xda-developers site for quite a while and finally found a thread where the person was having the same problem I was. Odin would fail when it got to the sboot.bin file when downloading the stock recovery file. One of the very smart folks there, I wish I could remember who it was to give him credit, realized that the sboot.bin file would cause the problem if the bootloader was still locked. None of the basic ways of flashing the stock rom would work. Farther down the thread that shows how to root the note2 there is a file called the, "alternate" root. The only difference between this file and the stock file is that it assumes the bootloader is already unlocked and does not include a sboot.bin file. Even if one does not have an unlocked bootloader this file works. I flashed that file and the pit with Odin and to my joy it flashed the phone back to stock. I am now going to use the jailbreak as you suggested to root as I received the Samsung OTA update after I got the phone working again......Thanks for all your help. G
    camping_guy likes this.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: FAIL when I try to download from odin3

Great to hear it.. Woot Woot... Now let's hear about you unlocking this bad boy..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a link to xda that has a brand new "jailbreak" that fixes a bunch of problems trying to root and unlock the bootloader. I did it this morning and it worked like a champ...... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2118348
    CynKrzy likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi... I am happy to say that I did get the problem resolved. I searched the xda-developers site for quite a while and finally found a thread where the person was having the same problem I was. Odin would fail when it got to the sboot.bin file when downloading the stock recovery file. One of the very smart folks there, I wish I could remember who it was to give him credit, realized that the sboot.bin file would cause the problem if the bootloader was still locked. None of the basic ways of flashing the stock rom would work. Farther down the thread that shows how to root the note2 there is a file called the, "alternate" root. The only difference between this file and the stock file is that it assumes the bootloader is already unlocked and does not include a sboot.bin file. Even if one does not have an unlocked bootloader this file works. I flashed that file and the pit with Odin and to my joy it flashed the phone back to stock. I am now going to use the jailbreak as you suggested to root as I received the Samsung OTA update after I got the phone working again......Thanks for all your help. G
    Do you have a link to the thread that helped you resolve your issue? I have the same problem and would very much like to find the solution too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a link to xda that has a brand new "jailbreak" that fixes a bunch of problems trying to root and unlock the bootloader. I did it this morning and it worked like a champ...... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2118348
    I'm having The same problem but that link does not work!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Here's the newest thread.. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2272066
    [Jailbreak]No You Verizon - Root/Jailbreak/Recovery VRAMC3 --update 10MAY13

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links