Close
Register at Galaxy Note2 Forum

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't enter extension when calling a phone number

Just got the N2 and love it, but I'm having a problem during calls when an extension is asked for or sometimes when calling voicemail. When I try to enter an extension the screen goes black after one number and then I can't enter the extension and the call or voicemail request is lost. Is this an issue with the sensor? What can I do to address this? Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coyoteblue View Post
    Just got the N2 and love it, but I'm having a problem during calls when an extension is asked for or sometimes when calling voicemail. When I try to enter an extension the screen goes black after one number and then I can't enter the extension and the call or voicemail request is lost. Is this an issue with the sensor? What can I do to address this? Thanks.
    I tested this on my phone just now and it works well. Since I don't have this issue, I am assuming it is a problem with your phone. I can only think of two possible solutions right now. The first is go into Settings from one of the home screens: Settings/application manager/all/phone and clear cache and clear data. Give things a minute or two to settle down and try your call again. If that doesn't work my next suggestion is to do Factory Data Reset. Before you do this you need to backup some stuff first. If you have Texts/SMS that you want to save you can download the app SMS Backup for that. You should backup your sdcard-ext to your computer (just in case something horrible happens). You should also go into Settings/Backup and make sure that Back Up My Data is checked and Automatic Restore is checked. Once all that is done you can press the FDR button at the bottom of that page.

After the FDR you will have to fill in your gmail account and password and wifi password (if applicable) and then your apps should reinstall automatically.

Good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the advice...I'll follow through with the reset if the problem continues. I just went to Application Manager and couldn't see an "All" choice or a way to clear cache and data. Is this setting in the main list of settings or elsewhere?

Links