Close

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pixelated Screen :(

So basically this is my first time here so i hope i'm giving enough information. today I dropped my note 2 and when it hit the ground the back came off and the battery popped out. Now the screen has horizontal lines going through it and has a yellowish tinge. Everything still works and i can see the images but the screen is clearly damaged on the inside because the quality is dramatically dropped and kind of grainy. What should I do, can I fix this myself? and if I need to fix it, how much Is it? Name:  image.jpg
Views: 7126
Size:  82.0 KB

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum you might have damaged the screen do you have insurance on it?

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niecey View Post
    So basically this is my first time here so i hope i'm giving enough information. today I dropped my note 2 and when it hit the ground the back came off and the battery popped out. Now the screen has horizontal lines going through it and has a yellowish tinge. Everything still works and i can see the images but the screen is clearly damaged on the inside because the quality is dramatically dropped and kind of grainy. What should I do, can I fix this myself? and if I need to fix it, how much Is it? Name:  image.jpg
Views: 7126
Size:  82.0 KB
    Welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us. Here's a link you might check out.
    Galaxy note 2 - N7105 parts and how do guides - Galaxy note 2 - N7105 - iFixit

Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus6T

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No I don't think I purchased insurance when I bought it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Niecey-Did you ever have any luck with this? My wife dropped her phone the same way...it landed on its side just above the proximity sensor, and now her phone is showing the same white lines that you show in your photo. At first it was sporatic, but now it is all the time. I ripped her phone apart last weekend, thinking that a connector had just gotten loose in the fall, but was unable to remedy the issue after disconnecting and reconnecting the screen, and every other obvious ribbon connection on the phone.

I don't mind changing out the display if I need to, but since the display still looks flawless externally, I'm really hoping that this isn't a hardware issue that will still exist after I spend 200 bucks to change the screen.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrant3876 View Post
    Welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us. Here's a link you might check out.
    Galaxy note 2 - N7105 parts and how do guides - Galaxy note 2 - N7105 - iFixit
    Good to know Grant, thanks for the info. I hope I, or most of us, don't get to that point but as the phones age, They may experience this at some point..
    Iphone 6s + 128GB
    Samsung Galaxy Note II X 3 and Galaxy Note III(x2) Plus .. GN4/GN Edge
    Motorola Xoom Tablet... Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0
    Samsung Gear S x 2
    Samsung Flip Phone-SGH-X427 (used as an Alarm only, Not to mention I bought it(x2) new lol)
    (Original) BB Storm owner
    (Original) Pink RAZR(Ahem! not mine, the wife's lol )
    Wanna know more about your note 2? http://www.note2forum.com/forum/gala...-note-2-a.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry to revive what seems to be a dead thread, but i have the exact same issue and i was wondering how others have solved it. in my case, the note 2 was dropped and hit the upper left corner. the glass on that corner is shattered and there are a few long cracks radiating out of that corner across the phone. obviously i have to replace the glass, but since it was dropped, the screen has the horizontal lines, yellowish tinge, and graininess that was described in the original post.

now this is my concern. i don't mind buying a new digitizer/display combo for about $250+... however, i'm concerned that there's something else that may be causing the screen distortion, and i'll buy this expensive part and still have the problem. the touch recognition and s-pen still work perfectly. i'm new here as well, and i'm sorry if this is considered a thread hijack, but i'd really welcome your opinions, suggestions, thoughts, drunken guesses, anything.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome aboard! You have nothing to worry about this is exactly why these threads are here and left open so that you can ask for additional information....
    It sounds to me as replacing the digitizer and glass both will solve your issue as I feel if a board had been damaged you'd have more issues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sounds reasonable. i may try what moe did and check the inside of the phone for loose connectors and such, but that failing, it may be a new digitizer for me. thanks for the reply miller.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by canis View Post
    sounds reasonable. i may try what moe did and check the inside of the phone for loose connectors and such, but that failing, it may be a new digitizer for me. thanks for the reply miller.
    How did you fix it? is it the broken display or something else?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Links