Close

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Touch Screen not responsive to Fingers but ok with S Pen

My Samsung Note 2 was just recently bought. Just a couple of days ago, I woke up and observed that my phone's screen suddenly did not respond to my finger. However, I tried the S Pen, and it is working perfectly. What should I do?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you ever get a fix for this? My Note 2 just recently started behaving this way. It has happened multiple times in the past couple days. I use the S Pen to reboot it and it works with finger touch for a while then all of a sudden quits responding to my finger. I have cleared the memory a couple times and let it sit for a bit and the finger touch started working again.

This is frustrating because I don't know what it is that triggered it. I think I might do a factory reset and see if that solves it.

P.S. I am running a custom ROM (Frosty Jellybean v8 with Perseus kernel), wondering if that is the cause. Been running that fine for a few months now so I don't know if it is the cause or not.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by note2jester View Post
    Did you ever get a fix for this? My Note 2 just recently started behaving this way. It has happened multiple times in the past couple days. I use the S Pen to reboot it and it works with finger touch for a while then all of a sudden quits responding to my finger. I have cleared the memory a couple times and let it sit for a bit and the finger touch started working again.

This is frustrating because I don't know what it is that triggered it. I think I might do a factory reset and see if that solves it.

P.S. I am running a custom ROM (Frosty Jellybean v8 with Perseus kernel), wondering if that is the cause. Been running that fine for a few months now so I don't know if it is the cause or not.
    I would point blame at the kernel.... however anytime something hardware related starts to fail and I see someone is running a custom kernel that is what I blame. With that said have you gone into recovery and cleared cache and dalvik lately.. I would try that first.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the idea. I haven't done that (didn't think of clearing dalvik...). I have noticed that when the screen doesn't respond to finger touches I turn off the screen and turn the screen back on again and it works. I will go into recovery and clear the cache and dalvik and see if that clears up the issue.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had that exact issue on my old S3. Factory reset was the only thing that fixed it. After a while I got tired of hitting the power button to trigger the screen

Remove Ads

Links