Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LITBMED

Thread: How To UNMERGE Contacts From Samsung Account

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How To UNMERGE Contacts From Samsung Account

Hi there, i had all contacts on my phone memory , one day out of my "cuuuriosity " selected the option called merge with Samsung account.. after that all the contacts moved out of my phone memory and the symbol beside the contacts has changed to "Small S" .

Can any one help me undo this??? I tried moving the contact using KIES but its of no use ....

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum.. I only use Google for my contacts.. I do see option for merge with Google.. I'm not sure about Samsung as I don't have that option.. Maybe someone can chime in
    "Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm"

FOLLOW FORUM RULES HERE!!

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In "settings" under accounts, you will see the Samsung account click on it. At the top you will see your account (Which is more than likely an email address) click on it, and it will take you to tab where you can check or uncheck what you would like to sync. Such as Sync Calendar, Sync Contacts, Sync Internet and last but not least, Sync S Note... So obviously you are going to want to uncheck Contacts, which will in turn disable this feature... Hope this helps...

PS: Or at the bottom right corner of the phone, you will see a tab that reads, "REMOVE ACCOUNT" you could potentially do this if you wish...
    Bkdodger likes this.
    Iphone 6s + 128GB
    Samsung Galaxy Note II X 3 and Galaxy Note III(x2) Plus .. GN4/GN Edge
    Motorola Xoom Tablet... Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0
    Samsung Gear S x 2
    Samsung Flip Phone-SGH-X427 (used as an Alarm only, Not to mention I bought it(x2) new lol)
    (Original) BB Storm owner
    (Original) Pink RAZR(Ahem! not mine, the wife's lol )
    Wanna know more about your note 2? http://www.note2forum.com/forum/gala...-note-2-a.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LITBMED View Post
    In "settings" under accounts, you will see the Samsung account click on it. At the top you will see your account (Which is more than likely an email address) click on it, and it will take you to tab where you can check or uncheck what you would like to sync. Such as Sync Calendar, Sync Contacts, Sync Internet and last but not least, Sync S Note... So obviously you are going to want to uncheck Contacts, which will in turn disable this feature... Hope this helps...

PS: Or at the bottom right corner of the phone, you will see a tab that reads, "REMOVE ACCOUNT" you could potentially do this if you wish...
    Hi LITMBED,

Thank u for the response. I tried what you said, but it takes away all the contacts that i have from Samsung account , which mean all my earlier phone contacts are gone. I have a back up of it so no worries.

But my worry is all these contacts are again shown as Samsung account.

To tell you in detail.. " In contacts options > I selected the option " MERGE Contacts with Samsung Account " that is how i ended up with this problem. Can you suggest how to unmerge and get the contacts back as Phone contacts???

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One way you could do it is to open your contacts app, hit the settings soft key, and click "contacts to display" , then click the one fot your google account and it should only show those that were with your google account. It doesn't really get rid of them but it does hide them so they don't bother you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shankarraj000 View Post
    Hi there, i had all contacts on my phone memory , one day out of my "cuuuriosity " selected the option called merge with Samsung account.. after that all the contacts moved out of my phone memory and the symbol beside the contacts has changed to "Small S" .

Can any one help me undo this??? I tried moving the contact using KIES but its of no use ....
    Try going to your contacts > settings and then export to your SD Card from your Samsung Account, and you should be able to import.

Hope this helps.

Remove Ads

Links