Close

User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By tfly212
  • 1 Post By madtrucker

Thread: Battery Life help/comparrisons anyone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Battery Life help/comparrisons anyone?

Good day all. One of the main reason I purchased the note 2 was for the large battery. I have had 2 HTC phones prior to this and battery life was always an issue. So the issue that I am having is that I have is that compared to other users of this phone with my same ROM (Jedi 13 master) and some stock ROMs I seem to be coming up on the short end with regards to performance. Now, with that said I am not here to complain, but to get some understanding from what you all are reporting with regards to your battery.

My main concern is that my screen time would average about 3 hours but I would only get about 9 hours in total out of the battery. I have seen others have screenshots of a day and a 1/2 with 6 hours of screen time - imagine my surprise (and envy). Now here is the head scratcher, two days ago my phone was on for 22 hours and I had 3 hrs and 3min screen time (12% remaining). Great right? (Though even though I did not use the screen a lot I would have loved o have seen around 6 hours of use in that 22hr period - but I am not complaining). Then yesterday, in only a 13 hour period I got only 3hrs and 48min (7% remaining).

So an additional 45 minutes of screen time yesterday siphoned of 9 hours of battery life so that I could not get the 22 hours I had the previous day? This irregularity is killing me. I use the phone the same E-V-E-R-Y day. So to get a disparity in the battery life like I am getting is confusing to say the least.

Some things about my set up:

apps used to help battery life:
    greenify, deep sleep battery saver & rescan media root.
    cpu: 100/1.66, interactive, cache: size 2048, io scheduler: noop
    ROM: Jedi master 13
    kernel: saberkernel 32.2
    sock battery

I would like to know what other are averaging, is anyone else getting inconsistent usage from day to day, any tips on what you think I may need to do to get solid battery life (i have Better Battery Stats logs for the screen shots if anyone needs that for analyzing), and what are best practices. Any commentary, assistance or feedback is welcomed. thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's hard to compare phones if ROMs and kernels are different, but I can tell you that I regularly get 24+ hours of uptime with 4-5 hours of screen time since I got the phone back in December. That is 4G all the time with a pretty strong signal (you will see some people post must longer uptimes, but usually with wifi on and not a cellular signal). I have been on Beans for most of the time and have played with most of the kernels, using perseus now.

In my experience the single biggest factor in negative battery life is when the phone is struggling for a signal. My battery life is pretty consistent, but the days where it's not almost invariably it's because I have been in and out of signal areas. All that said, the battery life on this phone is the best I have ever seen...I have a second battery that I have used maybe 4 times...it's just that good.
    Bkdodger likes this.
    Beans Deuce Deuce || Saber Kernel || Green Machine
    Devices previously Rooted and Rommed: Charge, Captivate, Nook Color, Lenovo IdeaPad A1, DINC, Razr Maxx

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I agree on the signal..If you are in area where it struggles nothing will help it..So I would check what kind of signal at your most regular spots...I personally don't see a use for those apps like greenify and deep sleep battery saver...I'd rather have the phone do it's thing normal...I use GSAM battery monitor to check if an app is waking the device too much while in sleep mode...Also CPU Spy to monitor sleep percentage...Also not every ROM \ Kernel combo works well for everyone...some people will get good results while not others...Jedi has since been updated...I know for Verizon it's up to version 14 and other carriers version 16...I would think about doing a backup and doing a clean install on the latest ....
    "Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm"

FOLLOW FORUM RULES HERE!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tfly212 View Post
    It's hard to compare phones if ROMs and kernels are different, but I can tell you that I regularly get 24+ hours of uptime with 4-5 hours of screen time since I got the phone back in December. That is 4G all the time with a pretty strong signal (you will see some people post must longer uptimes, but usually with wifi on and not a cellular signal). I have been on Beans for most of the time and have played with most of the kernels, using perseus now.

In my experience the single biggest factor in negative battery life is when the phone is struggling for a signal. My battery life is pretty consistent, but the days where it's not almost invariably it's because I have been in and out of signal areas. All that said, the battery life on this phone is the best I have ever seen...I have a second battery that I have used maybe 4 times...it's just that good.
    I have had everything from high media scanner or android system at close to 35% at times. Then there are the infinite wakelocks so the phone never sleeps. You are right, times may vary with the ROM and usage, but I am getting too erratic of performance results. With regards to a signal, i never have 4 bars even though I am in an LTE area. To compensate, i turn on wifi at home but I still loose 10-15% sometimes over night - with no data active. Still on the hint though for some solutions. Thanks for your reply.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bkdodger View Post
    I agree on the signal..If you are in area where it struggles nothing will help it..So I would check what kind of signal at your most regular spots...I personally don't see a use for those apps like greenify and deep sleep battery saver...I'd rather have the phone do it's thing normal...I use GSAM battery monitor to check if an app is waking the device too much while in sleep mode...Also CPU Spy to monitor sleep percentage...Also not every ROM \ Kernel combo works well for everyone...some people will get good results while not others...Jedi has since been updated...I know for Verizon it's up to version 14 and other carriers version 16...I would think about doing a backup and doing a clean install on the latest ....
    I am with you. I would much rather "not" use them as well, but I am not getting the 24 hour 4/5 hr battery life like most people. Those two apps are really not intrusive to me. I still sync data and get updates, but when the phone is off I really want it to sleep. I am still trying to figure out which governor gets the best performance as well. I get a "good" charge, but I want to get what I see others have and I need to figure out what is causing me to not get those results now. Thanks for your reply.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My phone doesn't go all day. I haven't really analyzed it though. I'm traveling all day, searching for signal. Then on the hotspot for 1 or 2 hours a day. Plus talk time 2-4 hours a day.

Name:  Screenshot_2013-08-01-02-04-02.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  80.5 KBName:  Screenshot_2013-08-01-02-04-09.png
Views: 437
Size:  61.2 KB
    Bkdodger likes this.

Remove Ads

Links