Close

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Syncing Tasks on Galaxy Note 2 with Google Tasks

From what I've read, the To Do (Tasks) app included with the Galaxy Note 2 does not sync with Google Tasks. This is a major shortcoming and inconvenience for me. I have a Galaxy Note 10.1 that I would like to synchronize with my Note 2 via Google Tasks. The Events sync. The Contacts sync. Why can't the Tasks sync??? Does anyone know when this will be fixed??

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum!

I have not seen anything indicated that this is scheduled to be updated (that just means that Samsung needs to hear more about it)...if you do a Google Search - most everything indicates people are using a 3rd party app which does sync (and you might already be doing that) which of course is not always the best user experience (multiple apps decreases efficiency)...

gTasks and ToodleDo was a couple of the more popular mentioned...
    Hakuna Matata

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smalltowngirl13 View Post
    Welcome to the forum!

I have not seen anything indicated that this is scheduled to be updated (that just means that Samsung needs to hear more about it)...if you do a Google Search - most everything indicates people are using a 3rd party app which does sync (and you might already be doing that) which of course is not always the best user experience (multiple apps decreases efficiency)...

I am using Pocket Informant as a work-around. It is a fairly decent app but it has shortcomings of its own. The Task sync is not always reliable. I understand that there is a new version in the works which improves the sync capabilities. Since the Samsung app is optimized for the S-Pen, I would rather use it, if it were not for the sync issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thdr View Post
    From what I've read, the To Do (Tasks) app included with the Galaxy Note 2 does not sync with Google Tasks. This is a major shortcoming and inconvenience for me. I have a Galaxy Note 10.1 that I would like to synchronize with my Note 2 via Google Tasks. The Events sync. The Contacts sync. Why can't the Tasks sync??? Does anyone know when this will be fixed??
    Agreed! What's the point of a Droid 'smart' phone that's not syncing TASKS with Google!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smalltowngirl13 View Post
    Welcome to the forum!

As of today, it STILL doesn't work! Using Samsung G-Note 2 on T-Mobile.
    Last edited by Guru; 02-25-2013 at 10:07 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

try Jorte for calendar and task syncing with Google Tasks

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    As of today, it STILL doesn't work! Using Samsung G-Note 2 on T-Mobile.

Jorte is a calendar and task app that will sync with G Tasks and Google calendar. It has the best calendar widget for Android that I have found and also syncs with G Tasks. There is a free and paid version. Even if you don't use it for syncing tasks, the calendar portion is the best such app that I have found.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    welcome to the forum
    Quote Originally Posted by KRayPSU View Post
    Jorte is a calendar and task app that will sync with G Tasks and Google calendar. It has the best calendar widget for Android that I have found and also syncs with G Tasks. There is a free and paid version. Even if you don't use it for syncing tasks, the calendar portion is the best such app that I have found.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm using Calendar++ and it does sync Tasks. I'm new with it as I only installed it a few days ago, but it's working really well: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...xpYW5zLmNwcCJd It's a souped up version of the stock calendar.

Good luck.

ETA: Found this thread about Calendar++ : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2041057
    Last edited by BayouFlyFisher; 03-05-2013 at 06:38 PM.

Remove Ads

Links