Close

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Note 2 Weird Problem

Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forum and not sure if any of you guys having the same problem with their Note 2.

I'm having a weird problem started like 3-4 days ago. I misplaced my phone at home, so I tried calling from my housemate's phone. The bell was ringing and later went to voice mail (tried 3 times).

When I found the phone, It was like turned off as the battery is died (but battery was fine). I restarted the phone and there wasn't any notification that my phone missed 3 phone calls but received voice mail sms as if my phone was off.

Now the same thing happened again next day, my friend called my phone but there was no sign on phone that there is a call coming. I checked my phone and it was black screen and no response. I restarted the phone and again no notification of missed calls but I received voice mail sms.

Then it started happening again and again and noticed that whenever my phone is idle like I'm not using it it goes black and I have to restart it by pressing and holding power button.

Now if I keep the music playing on my phone it won't go black and works just fine.

I'm not sure if its a hardware problem of software problem, I factory reset the phone but it didn't solve the problem.

I don't know much about phones, but any help in this regard will be much appreciated.

Cheers

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you using something such as some type of battety saver that "saves battery through controlling signal" (as in when the screen is off it'll basically turn most signal off which in turn saves battery)? Cause I have same issue at one specific place in my house where I have no signal. I just VM notifications with no call whatsoever. But since this is happening to you (what seems like constantly and in numerous places) I would assume its something like what's suggested above. That or your phone just doesn't have good signal.

That's just my guess. Maybe someone else might be able to apply more input as well.
    If you need help, PM me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BHuber09 View Post
    Are you using something such as some type of battety saver that "saves battery through controlling signal" (as in when the screen is off it'll basically turn most signal off which in turn saves battery)? Cause I have same issue at one specific place in my house where I have no signal. I just VM notifications with no call whatsoever. But since this is happening to you (what seems like constantly and in numerous places) I would assume its something like what's suggested above. That or your phone just doesn't have good signal.

That's just my guess. Maybe someone else might be able to apply more input as well.
    Thanks BHuber09,

No, All I've got are the standard apps on my phone and haven't installed anything new in near past.

Signals are always good, home or work, never had a problem since last 3- 4 days. I'm using this phone for almost year and a half and never gave me headache.

Remove Ads

Links