Close

User Tag List

Thread: Battery Issue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Battery Issue

My Note2 is 2 months less than 2years old. Three days back suddenly my phone turned off and then went to the boot loop, which loops at the first Samsung Note 2 screen. However, sometimes it gets past if I turn on the phone while connected to charger, but turns off and goes to the charging screen. Battery looked like getting charged. Then I tried with a different battery, surprisingly it booted successfully. So I purchased a brand new Samsung battery. After the replacing the battery, immediately took the phone backup using Kies and did a factory reset from the phone.
    Now I find a different issue, that even after I completely charge, once the charger is removed within and hour and half the charge drains down to 85-80%. During this time phone is completely in standby with the all the communications channels closed except for the calls. Intereseting fact is that once it reaches 80-75% the charge stays normal till about 50-40%, even if I use the phone normally, with 2G data constantly turned on it stays for 8-9 hrs, and when it reaches past 40% within no time it gets drained off completely.
    I'm now planning to do a firmware reinitialization using Kies. Any suggestions?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It sounds like you've done the correct steps to troubleshoot.. Next charge try to go from 100 to completely dead.. Then charge phone off and charge back to 100..
    "Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm"

FOLLOW FORUM RULES HERE!!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's not rule out a bad/defective new battery....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've done this once, that is charging to 100% from fully drained situation. However, I'll complete a couple of more cycles like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today I faced a new issue. Battery was at 35% when I started using whatsapp, after about a minute or 2 suddenly I got a message that the battery was fully charged and unplug the charger.. I saw the battery had dipped to 25%. It stayed about 5seconds and immediately the phone turned off. Since I was travelling, I then plugged the charger after about 30min and found that the battery had fully drained.
    I also notice that the battery is staying more than normal between 80% - 45%. Is this can be a hardware issue or just flashing the firmware could resolve? Have anyone faced this issue?

Remove Ads

Links