Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Computer Does Not Recognize Note 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Computer Does Not Recognize Note 2

Hi this is Fred Flinstone with a windows xp dual core desktop computer at home. Last night I hooked my note 2 up and all it lets me play with are image files. I wanted to put some shows on the sd card in my tv file to watch today and the only way I could was to use my micro usb adapter which means taking off the back and pulling the sd card. Any way around this hassle? By the way I have the note 2 on att not verizon.

So i just hooked it up to the puter at work which has windows 7 and I got game so unfortunately I may be screwed. I'll try rebooting with the phone attached tonight.
    Last edited by TiggerGrrr; 12-16-2012 at 02:26 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When the phone connects to the PC pull down your notification screen and select Connect as Media device. Good luck.
    jenglish724 likes this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouFlyFisher View Post
    When the phone connects to the PC pull down your notification screen and select Connect as Media device. Good luck.
    In addition, then you should get a pop up saying new device installed ... click to open the note 2 folder ... alternatively click start>my computer> it should show under portable devices

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Do you have the drivers installed?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dude my phone also got same problem....
    just right click on my computer and select manage and go to device manager there select note 2
    click unistall the driver fr note 2
    now again replug it
    it ll reinstall the drivers....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When you go into Device Manager you may find the phone listed but likely you will find it listed as some generic device. Look for anything with Samsung in the name or media storage. You can unplug the phone while viewing the list in Device Manager and notice which named device disappears when you unplug the phone. Then plug the phone back in and delete that driver/device. Then go to the Samsung site and download and install the drivers. Plugging the phone after that should setup the drivers.

Good luck.

San
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Computer Does Not Recognize Note 2

Also I think you have to have it set up in your phone settings, USB debugging?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same issue when I tried to use a different USB cable than the one that came with my phone. The Note 2 uses an 11-pin micro USB connection, whereas most other USB cables use a 5 pin. If you want to use a cord other than the one that came with the phone, you'll have to buy an adapter. Try using the white cable that came with the phone and see if that works...that should be the issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks DV........... That was my problem. Couldn't figure out why it worked in my office (used white cord) and then when tried hooking up at home with a different cord I couldn't get it to recognize it. Spent about 3hrs uninstalling and reinstalling Kies and drivers.
    Thanks again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks DV. I had the same exact problem and was wondering why for the last three weeks. I was using a third-party cable too. I didn't know there was a difference in the pin connection. I have used the original cable and it works. Strange that we can still use the 5pin third-party cable for charging the phone. I wonder if that is harmful to the phone. I bought a few for about $6 each. Probably a waste of money since I can only use it for charging.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links