User Tag List

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Can Not Get Past Samsung Screen

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You can still get into Download mode, so you're not totally bricked. It sounds like you're just in a boot loop. As long as you can get into Download mode, you can still use odin. You might just have to reflash the stock rom AND PIT FILE from Odin again from here- section 1b:

[GUIDE][VZW Edition]How to Root/Rom/Return to Stock the VZW Galaxy Note II! - xda-developers

But wait for Bkdodger to confirm!

Edit:
    You're fast BK!
    Bkdodger likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bkdodger View Post
    Hang tight.. I will look for thread @ xda.. Yeah backup would've been the best way but once you tried Odin now it's not possible..

Edit: Try the alternate root method from this thread.. Hopefully get you going.. Good luck and keep us posted..

[GUIDE][VZW Edition]How to Root/Rom/Return to Stock the VZW Galaxy Note II! - xda-developers
    [GUIDE][VZW Edition]How to Root/Rom/Return to Stock the VZW Galaxy Note II!
    Thank you. I will try this. Also, I have not yet tried flashing with Pit files. Should I consider that? I find it odd that I am stuck in a boot loop when I was attempting to flash STOCK rom. Isn't there a simple way around this? Also, why do you think Odin is not working? Could be because I used the Casual "NoYouVerizon" method with which to root my device in the first place?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes. Flash WITH the pit file! And use the "Alternate Restore File 4.1.1 VRALJB" if you took the VRALL4 or VRAMC3 OTA. Just follow the instructions in section 1b carefully. I did it recently to get back to stock and it worked well. Just pay attention to step 7 if you find yourself in a bootloop again after you flash. Factory reset should fix it.

Good luck and tell us how it went!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TSman74 View Post
    Yes. Flash WITH the pit file! And use the "Alternate Restore File 4.1.1 VRALJB" if you took the VRALL4 or VRAMC3 OTA. Just follow the instructions in section 1b carefully. I did it recently to get back to stock and it worked well. Just pay attention to step 7 if you find yourself in a bootloop again after you flash. Factory reset should fix it.

Good luck and tell us how it went!
    Okay thanks everyone, really. Which version of Odin do I need, and where do I put the pit file in Odin? I do not see a button called "PIT" like I do "PDA", "PHONE", etc.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just download the Odin linked in step 1. That version does have a Pit button on top of the Phone, Pda, etc.. buttons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TSman74 View Post
    Just download the Odin linked in step 1. That version does have a Pit button on top of the Phone, Pda, etc.. buttons.
    Okay, I'll try this and update you guys on how it goes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightofEmanuel View Post
    Okay, I'll try this and update you guys on how it goes.
    Yep! That worked! My phone is rebooted and I've even received text messages! Thank you so much! I'm not gonna lie, I am very concerned about rooting now that I've gone through this...experience. I still want to put Jedi VX13 on my Note 2, but will that brick my phone. How do I go about doing this safely?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yep! That worked! My phone is rebooted and I've even received text messages! Thank you so much! I'm not gonna lie, I am very concerned about rooting now that I've gone through this...experience. I still want to put Jedi VX13 on my Note 2, but will that brick my phone. How do I go about doing this safely?

So you up and running? Are you unlocked again? Rooting is safe just have to follow some precautions as always and you won't have issues..

Once unlocked and rooted this is the Jedi for Verizon you should be running.. It's up to xv14.. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2135508
    |ROM||AROMA|| Jedi-XV14 || PIE || Per App DPI ||4.1.2| 5|31
    "Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm"

FOLLOW FORUM RULES HERE!!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How do I go about doing this safely?
    Cool! Glad it worked. If you do decide to unlock again, don't use Odin to flash anything after that. Always backup and flash back to that in TWRP if something goes wrong and you should be good!

Also, check out Beans. It's based on the Verizon stock build where Jedi is based off the International build. Always found it more stable on our phones.

★☞ [Rom] Jelly'Beans' - Build 19 [07/02/13][Aroma][Fully Customizable][I605VRAMC3] ☜★ - xda-developers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bkdodger View Post
    So you up and running? Are you unlocked again? Rooting is safe just have to follow some precautions as always and you won't have issues..

Once unlocked and rooted this is the Jedi for Verizon you should be running.. It's up to xv14.. |ROM||AROMA|| Jedi-XV14 || PIE || Per App DPI ||4.1.2| 5|31 - xda-developers
    |ROM||AROMA|| Jedi-XV14 || PIE || Per App DPI ||4.1.2| 5|31
    Yes, I am up and running! Thank you so much. I'm not sure if I'm unlocked as I do not know what exactly that means. Is it the same as being rooted? Do I need to follow the same guide for rooting that I followed to get back to stock ([GUIDE][VZW Edition]How to Root/Rom/Return to Stock the VZW Galaxy Note II! - xda-developers If, so I'm concerned about doing this since this is how my phone was disabled in the first place. Am I misunderstanding something?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Links