Close

User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By note2chelle
  • 1 Post By Beameup

Thread: Alarm sound volume disappointing. It's alarming!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Alarm sound volume disappointing. It's alarming!

I feel guilty posting this grizzle cause I am in love with my Galaxy Note 2 but...does anyone else have issues with how quiet the alarm tone is when in a handbag and in particular when in a cafe with the Galaxy Note 2 in the handbag. I simply can't hear the alarm even on full volume. The alarm also seems to cut out when in my handbag. Something it doesn't do at home. Being an ex iPhone owner and fan, I hate to say it but my iPhone is definitely louder than the Note 2 with alarms, speaker phone and when listening to calls in noisy places. Has anyone else noticed this? Is there something I can do to fix this issue. The alarm is vital for me cause I am on a strict medication regime and I simply don't remember without my alarm. I'd hate to have to whip out my old iPhone instead of my Note 2 when I am out just because of a loud alarm function. So far this is the only thing I have found that Apple does better than Samsung.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I havent noticed my alarms being low....(I don't use a handbag ) ...lol have you tried another ringtone

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Alarm sound volume disappointing. It's alarming!

You can increase the volume of the alarm.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I agree the regular alarm sounds so so...I use Alarm Clock Plus ( I highly recommend you won't ever use stock alarm again)..
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...mClockPlusDock
    "Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm"

FOLLOW FORUM RULES HERE!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My alarm is always on maximum volume and I have tried several ring tones. If you haven't been an iPhone user I guess it is hard to do the comparison. I will try Alarm Clock Plus though and see if that works better. How about speaker phone volume. Is this an issue with anyone else? Thanks heaps for your help. )))

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Alarm sound volume disappointing. It's alarming!

My speaker is loud.. Although you're right I can't compare not ever owning an iPhone.. Also when you use alarm clock plus.. Use audio/music option so you can use any mp3 song to alarm..
    "Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm"

FOLLOW FORUM RULES HERE!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is an option for this situation and it is called Increase volume in pocket. If you tap the phone button as if you were going to make a call and then hit the menu button you will see call settings. Tap on call settings and scroll down until you see increase volume in pocket and tap to turn it on. I have my alarm set with my ringtone so that they are the same and it works for me. Hope this helps.
    BayouFlyFisher likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all your help Note2chelle. I had already selected the increase tone in pocket option but it was still not as loud as I am use to on my iPhone so... I have approached the problem laterally in the end and cheated by installing loud ring tones apps. These work really well. If anyone else has trouble hearing their alarm or phone rings in crowded places like malls or cafes etc I highly recommend installing loud ring tone apps. There are few to choose from and I now get a giggle when I answer my phone. Once again thanks for all your help. I am sure you have helped other people with your postings.
    note2chelle likes this.

Remove Ads

Links