Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: [TOOL] Change the Boot Animation on Your Galaxy Note 3 [ALL CARRIERS]

Theme Developer
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool [TOOL] Change the Boot Animation on Your Galaxy Note 3 [MULTI-CARRIERS]

^^^^ If interested in trying this Android KitKat 4.4 “Easter Egg” Themed Bootanimation, here is the link for the bootanimation. I pulled the images from AbhishekS and completely re-formatted it for our enjoyment!

1. The format of these Bootanimation’s are QMG which is file format for Samsung Devices ONLY.
    2. Of the Bootanimation’s that I format I use the richest color possible and the Highest 1080x1920 Resolution possible feel free to try these out on other Samsung devices at YOUR OWN RISK.
    3. With PowerOn.ogg sound files I recommend when setting permissions to use rw-r-r.
    4. I am always adding new creations to this Kollection all the time. Feel free to make suggestions for additions, provide other Boot Animation files you would like to see and I reward contributor credit for your input.
    5. Please, give credit where due, there are many Bootanimations here, if I left someone out please let me know, if you want to post my work, please extend the courtesy.

With so many Bootanimations it is often hard to remember all of the sources that I pulled them from, the largest source Developer that does simply incredible work and is simply known throughout the Android community for his work is JaeKarr99 which most of the Bootanimations that appear in this LiBRaRy KoLLecTioN are his, I have simply accepted the challenge of using a difficult themeing system and configured it the best I can to keep these Bootanimations in the best form possible. This was done through the guidance of xessus as his walkthroughs and many many countless hours of attempting this work is hopefully showing a positive. Other themers I will mention are Crackanug with the Black Ops II Bootanimation, Partimus Prime, CyanogenMod, BKJolly, and the many others, if I fail to recognize I apologize it is not intentional nor out of disrespect, please forgive let me thank.
    A BIG credit to start goes to xessus as he created the thread that got all of this started.

Quick instructions:
    Download zips: extract-> go to extracted folder-> cut & paste-> system/media-> change permissions to rw-r-r (see diagram below) Reboot and Enjoy!

#NOTE# Prior to moving rename existing files in system/media to bootsamsung.qmg.bak, bootsamsungloop.qmg.bak, and shutdown.qmg.bak

Root Required

Detailed Instructions
    Before “swapping out” Boot Animation files you will need a “File Manager/Explorer” that has Root Access, if you do not currently have one, follow my instructions below and I will provide you with one free of charge.

Root File Manager/Explorer
    This app is called File Manager (Explorer) by Rhythm Software, click here to download, once it has been downloaded and installed click to open. Go into the “Settings”> go into the Set Home Directory and change the current path from: /storage/emulated/0 to / and hit the OK and it should display “/” in the Settings menu. Scroll down to Root Settings> Root Explorer and check the 1st box, Mount System Folders will become an option check this option as well, there should be 2 boxes checked total under Root Settings (Advanced Users). Congratulations, you have a FREE Root File Manager/Explorer.

Before we begin, this set of instructions is going to include much “cut & paste” and the “changing of permissions”. Devices, that have Unlocked Bootloaders with Custom Recoveries avoid the manual process that we are applying here as they simply flash these zips, as we are extracting zips, pulling files, cut & paste, change permission, and of course reset. Many of the sources that I am going to use for Bootanimation files are from XDA, which once the steps are laid out and defined, it should be very simple to begin applying a new Bootanimation that you would like to run.
    WARNING THESE COMMANDS MAY ALTER THE SETTINGS OF YOUR DEVICE, CAN MAKE YOUR DEVICE FUNCTION IMPROPERLY DO NOT MAKE CHANGES TO SETTINGS IF YOU ARE UNSURE WHAT THE OUTCOME WILL BE. RESPONSIBILITY FOR ACTIONS ATTEMPTED ARE AT YOUR OWN RISK, NOT THE OP’S, AND CERTAINLY NOT THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF NOTE2FORUM.COM.

Back-Up Suggested Step: This begins with your “Root File Manager/Explorer” go to “/”-> “storage”-> “extSdCard” (select Create a New Folder call it “BtAniBU” this will be the Backup Folder.) Exit to “/” or Home button.

From the “/”-> “system”-> “media”-> “audio”-> “ui”-> “PowerOn.ogg” press down on it, sounds familiar right? With this file we are going to “Move or Cut” (depending on your Option). Select it Move or Cut and exit back to “/”-> “storage”-> “extSdCard”-> “BtAniBU” and paste the sound file “PowerOn.ogg” into this folder.

Once, this is complete go ahead and go from “BtAniBU”-> “extSdCard”->“storage”-> “/”->“system”-> “media”-> there are four files in here that you are going to copy and move over to the “BtAniBU” folder scroll down and begin with “bootsamsung.qmg”, “bootsamsungloop.qmg”, “bootsamsungmini.qmg”, “bootsamsungminiloop.qmg”. These 4 files are to be copied via exit back to “/”-> “storage”-> “extSdCard”-> “BtAniBU” and pasted back to here.

So up until this point you have complete Backups of the Bootanimations both visual and audio. While that was a painful step it was also getting familiar with files in the Bootanimations, while it is possible to simply rename those files with a .bak the audio file is best to simply remove altogether and backups are a good habit.

Backup Komplete

The next part of this will seem very familiar especially if you’ve done the above. But to go ahead, to do so since we have a Locked Bootloader we will need to “extract” the files from the Bootanimation “zip folders” that we download. I certainly recommend Winrar when it comes file compression, but 7-zip is free alternative available here if you do not have one.

For the Bootanimation, I am using MY OWN created Marvel – Thor: The Dark World bootanimation. This Bootanimation being used contains both Audio & Visual files which happens to be based on the most recent Thor/Marvel movie.
    The download is below:
    Marvel – Thor: The Dark World with Sound KaChow contributed by hilmi94zul

Download the above link and begin with them in the file labeled “/”-> “sdcard”-> “/” “download”. Since, these files are in a .zip you will need to Extract them, go ahead and press down on the Marvel_-_Thor_The_Dark_World_(Revision).zip file and select Extract. This will Extract the items to the SpeedSoftware folder which is still located on the sdcard. You can either elect to “Go to the Extracted items” or if you ever need to manually retrieve them just exit the download and go to SpeedSoftware-> Extracted-> Marvel_-_Thor_The_Dark_World_(Revision).zip, then Cut and Move these 3 files and select the “home icon button” in the upper left menu bar or go to the-> “/”-> “system”-> “/”-> “media” and paste the 3 files into this folder. Select the PowerOn.ogg and Move this File to “audio”-> “ui” then paste the file into this folder. Once in this folder select the PowerOn.ogg and press down and select “permissions” change to the below set-up which will display as RW-R-R once completed.

**NOTE** The above is often referred to as “644” I suggest Subscribing to this thread and to keep it somewhere, as this configuration is COMMONLY USED in other System Folders…

Exit back to the media file and scroll down the page to find the “bootsamsung.qmg” file press down on this item and select “permissions”-> change to reflect the RW-R-R-T once completed. The “T” refers to “Sticky” and is a special permission setting, this grants the boot animation the ability to delay the Android System from loading or cutting off the Boot Animation during the boot. This permission should appear as below, (*note do not use this setting on the PowerOn.ogg file.)

Next, repeat the same step with the last file which is bootsamsungloop.qmg. At this point you have taken 2 .qmg files which happen to be the Bootanimation of the “Marvel” logo changed the permission to function properly on boot and installed the sound to run with Bootani. Go ahead and Reboot the device. You are all done. Enjoy!
    Last edited by KaChow; 03-16-2014 at 12:42 PM.

Theme Developer
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

This is a LiBRARY CoLLecTioN of BooTaNiMATioNs
    -> Feel free to add your links to your favorite bootanimations to continue to grow this list <-

Due to the continuation and ongoing production of Boot Animations that I have converted since the beginning of this thread, Boot Animations are spread throughout the thread. To help those interested in quickly finding those Boot Animations, and the GIF images that detail a short outline of the boot animation, I am creating short cuts below to the specific threads that contain full Boot Animations and fully functional links. In addition below is the master url link to Mediafire for the latest and greatest Boot Animations available for download.

Mediafire direct link

To START the LAUNCH of this LiBRary in the QMG Samsung Format I would like to start by posting a Favorite Superhero Batman...

UPDATED 2/23/14 Batman_Bootanimation link Thanks JaeKar99

Batman is the "30th" Boot Animation that was ready for initial launch of the library, there will be more Superhero's, Star Wars, Star Trek, Android and much more to come...

CREDITS:

First of all I give credit to xessus for his instruction and guidance with the Samsung Theme Designer program and QMG Formatting. Also, a HUGE Special Thanks to JaeKar99 who is the "Original Bootanimation Designer" that created large portion of these bootanimations seen here, I have reformatted them for our viewing pleasure!

Here is a list of some that are New, some that have been re-visited, and some that just belong.... Enjoy!

Android Blue Cube Shutdown

Android Blues

AOKP

Atomic numbers

Baked

Beanstown106's_Bootanimation from his current Verizon ROM

Bios similar to what appears on the Hyperdrive ROM

CM10

CM11

Flyn Vs Thanks JaeKar99

Google

Knox RAID ATT ROM Bootanimation

Marvel

Note III

Reactor

STOCK Verizon Bootanimation

SlimKat

The Cross

Nostalgic Collection
    1. Samsung Vibrant
    2. Green Samsung Mist
    3. Samsung Galaxy S
    4. Samsung Sparkle
    5. Samsung Droid Charge
    Last edited by KaChow; 03-02-2014 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Apple Smash Updated

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sub'd!!.....
    KaChow likes this.
    Iphone 6s + 128GB
    Samsung Galaxy Note II X 3 and Galaxy Note III(x2) Plus .. GN4/GN Edge
    Motorola Xoom Tablet... Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0
    Samsung Gear S x 2
    Samsung Flip Phone-SGH-X427 (used as an Alarm only, Not to mention I bought it(x2) new lol)
    (Original) BB Storm owner
    (Original) Pink RAZR(Ahem! not mine, the wife's lol )
    Wanna know more about your note 2? http://www.note2forum.com/forum/gala...-note-2-a.html

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow KaChow - this takes me back to my OG Droid days, when I was changing my boot animations, as well as my roms, almost DAILY!

Thanks buddy!
    KaChow likes this.

GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nice thread ..we like bootani s.....UD always good memories.
    "Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm"

FOLLOW FORUM RULES HERE!!

Theme Developer
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by KaChow; 03-02-2014 at 01:58 AM.

Theme Developer
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check OUT POST #2!!!

There's a Double Feature

On Another Note... If you happen to have a FAVORITE BootAni post somewhere or anywhere in this thread and I'll see what I can do to make it work on our device.

Silver Surfer Preview by KachowPow

Red Orb Thanks JaeKar99

Blu Rotator Thanks JaeKar99

Blue Lines Thanks JaeKar99

Blue Kystal Machine Thanks JaeKar99

Blu Wave Thanks JaeKar99

Red Binary Nex Thanks JaeKar99

Star Wars Battle

Star Wars Battle Ground Old Republic
    Last edited by KaChow; 03-02-2014 at 12:56 PM.
    Bkdodger and Saltsnake1 like this.

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KaChow likes this.

Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 7 Pro
    OnePlus 6T

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you willing to convert some from the kevinrocksman thread to QMG?
    Hakuna Matata

Theme Developer
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smalltowngirl13 View Post
    Are you willing to convert some from the kevinrocksman thread to QMG?
    Sure, I'll take a look at them and see what I can do. Any favorites?
    smalltowngirl13 likes this.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Links