Close

User Tag List

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By smalltowngirl13
  • 2 Post By smalltowngirl13
  • 1 Post By YankInDaSouth
  • 1 Post By BLAZE86DUBZ

Thread: Could Lollipop Be Coming to the VZW Note 3 Tomorrow?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could Lollipop Be Coming to the VZW Note 3 Tomorrow?

Over on the Verizon site, the Note 3 is showing last updated on 4/14 (tomorrow)... Could this be Lollipop?

Whatever the update is, you can possibly pull it manually thru system settings / updates or by using the software upgrade assistant when you plug your phone into your computer or laptop (if you have the VZW app on it)...

Either way, sound off in the thread when you get the update and let us know what you think (especially if it is Lollipop)!

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1429065283444.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  1.12 MB
    Bkdodger and YankInDaSouth like this.
    Hakuna Matata

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Let's go Note 3!
    "Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm"

FOLLOW FORUM RULES HERE!!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the VZW PDF that shows the benefits of the update and it is Lollipop 5.0 ...

http://www.verizonwireless.com/dam/s...-3-4-14-15.pdf
    YankInDaSouth and tismydroid like this.
    Hakuna Matata

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smalltowngirl13 View Post
    Here is the VZW PDF that shows the benefits of the update and it is Lollipop 5.0 ...

http://www.verizonwireless.com/dam/s...-3-4-14-15.pdf
    i have a question i have verizon and updated my note 3 to lolliepop now i lost my text notifications in my lock screen it just says new message it doesent say who its from or part of the message can anyone confirm that theres works before i do a reset??

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can change how notifications show up and what content is displayed in system settings and notifications I believe (I don't have a Lollipop device with me right now to confirm)... I can double check that once I get to a device tho...
    Hakuna Matata

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smalltowngirl13 View Post
    You can change how notifications show up and what content is displayed in system settings and notifications I believe (I don't have a Lollipop device with me right now to confirm)... I can double check that once I get to a device tho...
    yes i tried that still nothing think i have to do a reset hope that fixes it

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I flashed my coworkers N3 back to stock (at his request) and upon reboot he was promoted with the Lollipop update. Didn't have too much time to check it out though
    Bkdodger likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by YankInDaSouth View Post
    I flashed my coworkers N3 back to stock (at his request) and upon reboot he was promoted with the Lollipop update. Didn't have too much time to check it out though
    I did the factory reset seems to be good now everything works smooth except i lost all my music thank god for pandora
    YankInDaSouth likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am usually one to love the new updates, but after giving it much time, lollipop will be the first I'm disappointed with. Over time some things have smoothed out (battery life) but others have not. I already did an fdr, which helped my battery and the frequent having to reboot due to frozen phone (never happened before lollipop and hasn't happened since the fdr). I still have three complaints... one major and two minor. Any suggestions would be awesome. I'll start with the minor.

1) I do not like the new method for screen capture (swipe over screen left to right). I think it is an unbelievably stupid change, especially when so many apps use swipe to go to next page or to do other things. Many times, I find myself swiping repeatedly with no screen shot. Other times it moves the page I'm trying to screen shot. Using the s-pen to screen shot was so much easier. I know there must be another way to do a screen shot than swiping. I'll take any help on this one.

2) There is so much more lag since lollipop. Drives me batty. With my note2 and then my note3, I loved that it was, no fail, always so fast, no matter how many apps I had on my phone or how many I had going at the same time. Not anymore. The fdr helped the lag some but still not as snappy as it was on kk. I can live with it for now but might actually have to root (I think my notes are the first phones I never felt that root urge).

3) Major problem. Have not dropped calls in years, not with my notes nor my motorolas. Now I'm dropping calls all the time due to very bad signal. Sometimes I'm searching holding my phone in the air trying to capture a signal. Have not done that in forever. I also can not get decent data signal. Where I used to get 4g, now it's 3g and sometimes only 1x. The fdr did help a little but still a major problem. I am dropping calls daily. That had become a foreign concept to me till lollipop. Lollipop definitely did something to change my radios for the worse. Any suggestions would be great.

I may have to root or it may be time to upgrade (my notes are the first phones I have not felt that pressing need to upgrade) but I am hoping to wait til the next note comes out.

Thank you all in advance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problem 1 solved, thanks to toejamm's post in another thread mentioning drippler. I got the app and this is what I found...Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1434018389570.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  766.2 KB

Remove Ads

Links