Close

User Tag List

Thread: Lollipop Note 3

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lollipop Note 3

I got the Lollipop update for my Verizon Note 3 this week. Like most of us I've never liked change and there are some things that they've done that I will need to get used to.
    That being said I've been doing some searching to find out what Lollipop has to offer and it seems that some of the new features that I've seen described are not available on the Note 3 and I wondered if they were being blocked by Samsung or possibly Verizon.

Examples:
    Flashlight - there is supposed to be a flashlight function built in to Lollipop available in the notification shade - I don't see it
    Battery manager - supposed to be available in the Settings menu - I don't see it.
    Screen pinning - don't see it.
    User accounts - don't see it.

Anyone else take the new update? Is it typical for Samsung to block certain update functions that are available within the OS?

There is probably more to learn since I've only had it a few days. Just wonder what everyone else is seeing.
    "Sometimes you're the hammer. Sometimes you're the nail. It is more fun being the hammer, but you learn more being the nail."

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adding something else that appears to be missing and it may be the one I am most disappointed about. Chromecast is supposed to be built into the 5.0 update and it doesn't appear to be present on the Note 3 version. According to info available on line, the Lollipop update is supposed to include this feature. We should be able to "cast" or phone's screen using Chromecast without having to go through the app.
    "Sometimes you're the hammer. Sometimes you're the nail. It is more fun being the hammer, but you learn more being the nail."

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I guess no one else has received the Lollipop update? I am surprised this isn't a hot topic as users typically can't wait to get OS updates (and then complain about them, lol).

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ToeJamm View Post
    So I guess no one else has received the Lollipop update? I am surprised this isn't a hot topic as users typically can't wait to get OS updates (and then complain about them, lol).
    My wife has a T-Mobile Note 3 that is rooted and romed and I haven't had time to Odin stock firmware to get the update. A lot of our members that had the Note 3 have upgraded to the Note 4.

Note 8
    Galaxy S8 Plus
    OnePlus 6T

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So is Lollipop different on the Note 4 than on the Note 3. I'm just curious why some of these major features seemed to be missing from Samsung's version of the update.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't believe this latest update has the features mentioned @ToeJamm

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wtd26runpq...-15-2.pdf?dl=0
    "Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm"

FOLLOW FORUM RULES HERE!!

Remove Ads

Links