Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ToeJamm

Thread: Google Network Services

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Google Network Services

I have a Note 3. Yesterday I received a data notification that I was within 1Gb of my max plan.
    This surprised me because I haven't been streaming or doing any significant downloading this month. Also, my apps are set to update over WiFi only.

When I searched for the culprit it said "Google Services Framework" used slightly over 3Gb of data on between June 27-28. I cannot see evidence that an update was downloaded (can't believe it would be 3Gb anyway). It also states this was done in the "Background" so I've since checked the option to "Restrict Background Data".

This has never happened before that I am aware of. I am on Verizon.

It is both surprising and shocking that my phone can arbitrarily use up more than half my data in a single day without my knowledge or approval.

Any insight?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by ToeJamm; 06-28-2016 at 10:51 AM.
    "Sometimes you're the hammer. Sometimes you're the nail. It is more fun being the hammer, but you learn more being the nail."

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is an incredible amount of data to use like that. I can't see what would use that much.. Especially without killing the battery.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My thoughts exactly. Nothing on the web that I can find. A few hits from 3 years ago but they all pertain to rooted phones trying to repeatedly take an update. I am not rooted.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    "Sometimes you're the hammer. Sometimes you're the nail. It is more fun being the hammer, but you learn more being the nail."

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something had to of gotten gummed up in the middle of something and just froze. I'd screen shot it and keep it for future reference.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hopefully just a one time occurrence

6S PLUS
    "Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm"

FOLLOW FORUM RULES HERE!!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Note 5 has been draining battery and getting hot the last week or two and this is always the culprit - Google Services, Google Framework, etc...I go in and force stop all that I can and restart and it is fine a day or two - have not found any resolution tho other than the bandaid fix I am using LOL...
    Hakuna Matata

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smalltowngirl13 View Post
    My Note 5 has been draining battery and getting hot the last week or two and this is always the culprit - Google Services, Google Framework, etc...I go in and force stop all that I can and restart and it is fine a day or two - have not found any resolution tho other than the bandaid fix I am using LOL...
    I would almost accept the battery drain over losing half my allotted data. LOL
    Even an update (which I know hasn't and isn't coming to the Note 3) would not have been that big.
    First thing that crossed my mind was some form of malware but I hadn't added anything recently to the phone and all the scans I did came back negative.

Hopefully it was a one time fluke and I won't see the same thing this cycle.
    smalltowngirl13 likes this.

Remove Ads

Links