Close

User Tag List

Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By LITBMED
  • 1 Post By Miller6386
  • 3 Post By MerpsMom
  • 1 Post By mountainbikermark

Thread: Notification Sounds and Text Message Question

  1. #1
    Junior Member MerpsMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Notification Sounds and Text Message Question

    Hope this is where to ask this. I got my Note 3 Sunday. Love it so far, but did Jelly Bean change some things? How do I set a completely separate notification sound for gmail? Can't find it in the app at all.

    How do you associate photos with your text messages? JB seems to have changed that as it worked with ICS.

    Is there a better place for me to go to ask these trivial questions and a few others?

    MerpsMom

  2. #2
    Senior Member LITBMED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,923
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the Forum You can still change the sound by clicking on the app(Going into it), then tap the capacitive/menu button. This should bring up Refresh/Label Settings/Send Feedback/Help.
    Click on settings, then Click your actual Gmail addy (***@gmail.com) ..... Then, fourth setting from the top Should read "Inbox Sound & Vibrate" Click on IT.... Then under notifications Click on Sound


    Change and Enjoy!!!
    Miller6386 likes this.
    Iphone 6s + 128GB
    Samsung Galaxy Note II X 3 and Galaxy Note III(x2) Plus .. GN4/GN Edge
    Motorola Xoom Tablet... Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0
    Samsung Gear S x 2
    Samsung Flip Phone-SGH-X427 (used as an Alarm only, Not to mention I bought it(x2) new lol)
    (Original) BB Storm owner
    (Original) Pink RAZR(Ahem! not mine, the wife's lol )
    Wanna know more about your note 2? http://www.note2forum.com/forum/gala...-note-2-a.html

  3. #3
    Super Moderator UltraDroid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio - The North Coast!
    Posts
    5,523
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum MerpsMom!



    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

    GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

  4. #4
    Senior Member Miller6386's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    943
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lit got you set up in gmail. 👍 As for the other question are you referring to sending photos? If so there is a paper clip to add attachments and they should let you choose.
    LITBMED likes this.

  5. #5
    Junior Member MerpsMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanx! It's a pleasure. I've been an Androider through my EVO, and the GS2 I just upgraded. I hope this Note will be as rated, and so far, it certainly is! So much to learn! And then there's the S Pen: my goodness.

    I was able to do the sound change on the email. But I'm still confused on how to get a picture from Contacts to come up on text messages. And what does Kies and TouchWiz have to do with this?

    I'm going to have to start sneaking my time with this toy: my husband is beginning to gripe about my bended head. P.S. he's not a techie: what does he know.

  6. #6
    Super Moderator mountainbikermark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    427
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MerpsMom View Post
    Thanx! It's a pleasure. I've been an Androider through my EVO, and the GS2 I just upgraded. I hope this Note will be as rated, and so far, it certainly is! So much to learn! And then there's the S Pen: my goodness.

    I was able to do the sound change on the email. But I'm still confused on how to get a picture from Contacts to come up on text messages. And what does Kies and TouchWiz have to do with this?

    I'm going to have to start sneaking my time with this toy: my husband is beginning to gripe about my bended head. P.S. he's not a techie: what does he know.
    Welcome to the forum
    Are you using the stock text app or another one? They should show up by default in the stock app.
    Are the photos showing up in Contacts? Are they phone contacts, Google contacts or a combination of both? If they are not try a sync with the service where your contacts are backed up online somewhere, like Google or in my case my phone contacts are backed up on Verizon Backup Assistant. If it's your Facebook contacts only not showing up post back and I'll try to remember how to enable them.
    LITBMED likes this.

  7. #7
    Senior Member LITBMED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,923
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller6386 View Post
    Lit got you set up in gmail. �� As for the other question are you referring to sending photos? If so there is a paper clip to add attachments and they should let you choose.
    Miller, when you go and "compose" a new email through Gmail. and you are ready to type the recipient's name, Again, you click on the left capacitive menu key and it will bring up a set of commands if you will. Therefore as you can see, it will let you not only attach a photo, but also a video...
    Iphone 6s + 128GB
    Samsung Galaxy Note II X 3 and Galaxy Note III(x2) Plus .. GN4/GN Edge
    Motorola Xoom Tablet... Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0
    Samsung Gear S x 2
    Samsung Flip Phone-SGH-X427 (used as an Alarm only, Not to mention I bought it(x2) new lol)
    (Original) BB Storm owner
    (Original) Pink RAZR(Ahem! not mine, the wife's lol )
    Wanna know more about your note 2? http://www.note2forum.com/forum/gala...-note-2-a.html

  8. #8
    Senior Member Miller6386's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    943
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LITBMED View Post
    Miller, when you go and "compose" a new email through Gmail. and you are ready to type the recipient's name, Again, you click on the left capacitive menu key and it will bring up a set of commands if you will. Therefore as you can see, it will let you not only attach a photo, but also a video...
    Correct that works for gmail but I thought she was referring to MMS

    OP the contact photos will only show in the thread view of messages not in the actual individual message. I believe handcent sms allows you to apply an option to directly have the contact photo in each message.

  9. #9
    Senior Member LITBMED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,923
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller6386 View Post
    Correct that works for gmail but I thought she was referring to MMS

    OP the contact photos will only show in the thread view of messages not in the actual individual message. I believe handcent sms allows you to apply an option to directly have the contact photo in each message.
    Ah gotcha.. No, I was referring to Gmail.
    Iphone 6s + 128GB
    Samsung Galaxy Note II X 3 and Galaxy Note III(x2) Plus .. GN4/GN Edge
    Motorola Xoom Tablet... Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0
    Samsung Gear S x 2
    Samsung Flip Phone-SGH-X427 (used as an Alarm only, Not to mention I bought it(x2) new lol)
    (Original) BB Storm owner
    (Original) Pink RAZR(Ahem! not mine, the wife's lol )
    Wanna know more about your note 2? http://www.note2forum.com/forum/gala...-note-2-a.html

Remove Ads

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

galaxy note 4 no sound when text window is open?

,
how do i change the notification sound for text messages on my phone
,
how do i set sounds to my messages on a samsung note 4
,
how to add new text message alert sounds galzy note 3
,
how to change incoming text sounds in a samsung 4
,
how to set my text message sounds on samsung galaxy 5
,
how to set the text message ringtone on a note 4
,
my note 3 does not alert me when i get a text
,
note 4 samsung how do i change my text alert
,
text sound notices
Click on a term to search for related topics.