Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: When Accepting Phone Call, Music Starts Playing at Same Time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When Accepting Phone Call, Music Starts Playing at Same Time

Every time I answer a phone call, a song from My Music starts playing at the same time. In order tohear the caller, I must turn off the song.
    This makes it ver difficult to answer calls. Fortunately I can turn off the song from the notification screen, but that still gets in the way of answering.

I would apprecite some guidance to eliminate this. (I have done a battery pull, but it does not make a difference. I also have removed several of the songs it played.)
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never heard of that before. What carrier is your phone with?

Theme Developer
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brucelimo View Post
    Every time I answer a phone call, a song from My Music starts playing at the same time. In order tohear the caller, I must turn off the song.
    This makes it ver difficult to answer calls. Fortunately I can turn off the song from the notification screen, but that still gets in the way of answering.

I would apprecite some guidance to eliminate this. (I have done a battery pull, but it does not make a difference. I also have removed several of the songs it played.)
    Thanks
    Do me a favor start with this, it's an Anti-Virus app called Dr.Web Anti-Virus Light which it happens to do a great job of identifying malware apps and vulnerabilities, it is free and an great resource that I've used for years, enable everything you need. Second, can you tell us if you have Root or not, what carrier you have and confirm what device it is that you have. Third, tell us what song it is that is playing, do you recognize the song is it from a band, is it a ring tone, is it musical sound, what can tell us about this sound so we can identify and eliminate it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am on Verizon and a stock device, not rooted. The music that plays is one of the songs on my GN3. It seems to pick one at random. Its like the My Music app is started right after I answer the phone call.

Theme Developer
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am on Verizon and a stock device, not rooted. The music that plays is one of the songs on my GN3. It seems to pick one at random. Its like the My Music app is started right after I answer the phone call.
    Do me a quick favor, at the top of your screen pull the screen down and go into 'Settings', scroll down to the bottom of the screen and select 'About phone'. Does your Baseband version, Kernel version, Build Number match? If not what are the last 3 letters of the Baseband version?

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least it's one of your songs, and not like "Elevator" music ...for something like, "Please wait while we connect your call"
    Iphone 6s + 128GB
    Samsung Galaxy Note II X 3 and Galaxy Note III(x2) Plus .. GN4/GN Edge
    Motorola Xoom Tablet... Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0
    Samsung Gear S x 2
    Samsung Flip Phone-SGH-X427 (used as an Alarm only, Not to mention I bought it(x2) new lol)
    (Original) BB Storm owner
    (Original) Pink RAZR(Ahem! not mine, the wife's lol )
    Wanna know more about your note 2? http://www.note2forum.com/forum/gala...-note-2-a.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They all match just the same as your s.

Theme Developer
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They all match just the same as your s.

Okay, so here's what I'd like you to try and do. With your situation, it certainly is not an easy fix as we are not sure where the music is coming from. So this creates a problem as we can just begin with disabling apps or deleting songs because that is not fixing the problem, becuase seems like something else is going on here. The reason I asked what version of Android you were running if you were still on MJ7 we could fix this error with a new ROM with the update of MJE. Since, you have MJE I would suggest a Factory Data Reset, in which case follow the Youtube clip below to get to the Android Recovery Screen. Make sure to Power off the device. Once you Power off completely hold all at once [Volume Up+Home Button+Power] the Demo makes slight mistake and we don't want you in Odin. Watch the video.

Now that all the options available, your Volume Up and Down are your Up and Down controls and the Power button is your Select button. The first I would is scroll down to the "Wipe Cache Partition" and select it and press "Power" this will help the performance on your device get rid of excessive cache build up. It will take about a second to complete. Then scroll to the "wipe data/factory reset" and hit the Power button, once this is done if it doesn't reboot then go ahead and reboot system now at the top of the screen. This should fix the music error that you've been getting. If it doesn't let me know and I there is still another way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately, the factory reset will cause me to lose the apps I put on and my data. I am not ready for that.

Theme Developer
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately, the factory reset will cause me to lose the apps I put on and my data. I am not ready for that.
    That's not entirely correct. Your Google account backs up all the apps that you currently use, if you notice when you go into the Google Playstore there is essentential 2 settings under "My Apps" 1st is Subscriptions, 2nd is Installed, and 3rd is ALL. Installed is the Apps that are currently installed on your device and ALL are the apps that at one time or another were installed on your device. When you perform a Factory Reset or install a new ROM the apps in the INSTALLED are the ones that get reinstalled, the way to change these is to uninstall them from the Play Store or from the Home Screen, and of course non Playstore apps are not installed with these Playstore Installed apps. Data is the concern then, what you may want to consider is this app, it's been years since I've used it but it is called My Backup Anyhow what this is, it grant those that do not have root the ability to run a backup of all their apps, and I believe of the data too. This way you can do the FDR and then Restore afterwards and not have the concerns, but also Google backs up your apps so even if My Backup doesn't work you still get your apps back, just set up wifi, your email account plug it in and let it go. You can also use Kies3 to backup everything as well, don't forget about that option. Kies will restore your device in a few minutes. But, whatever the risk is gotta get rid of ringtone everytime someone calls.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Links