Close

User Tag List

Thread: Broken display

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Broken display

I have a Note 2 N7105 with a working cracked screen and a Note 3 N9005 with a broken screen.

The Note 3 boots past the startup sound but then stays on with the blue light pulsing and the button lights and buzzer turning on every now and then

Before I buy a LCD and Digitizer assembly to replace the broken one I want to test it to make sure the phone is still working properly as I don't know why it doesn't complete the boot sequence so I can pick it up over USB from the PC.

Will the Note2's display connector fit the Note 3 so I can at least see what the device displays that's causing it to not complete the boot ?

I also tried to factory reset it by holding the 2 buttons, then scroll down 3 times, hit the power button, then scroll down 7 times and hit the power button, wait a long while and hit the power button again which in my mind would have don the factory reset...........no luck

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would doubt it, I tried switching screens on 2 notes but they were different model and it didnt work out. That was two note 2's and your trying to swap with a note 2 and note 3 which are very different.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool thanks. Didn't want to go through all the trouble disassembling both just to find out it doesn't fit.

Anyone have any ideas what can cause the booting only up to the pulsing blue light stage ?

Remove Ads

Links