Close

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: What's Your Favorite And Least Favorite Smell?

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I gladly accept the title guys! I understand that a LOT of people cook with it and enjoy the use of garlic. For me, it's like the people who can't stand the smell of cigarette smoke and complain about the *smell* - not talking second hand smoke here, just the smell - I can't handle the *smell* of garlic. Ingesting the stuff inadvertantly guarantees quick, NASTY reprecussions from my stomach. Kind of like your, stomach saying "Up against the WALL, ******".

In Cleveland, they built a baseball stadium (open air) with money generated by a so called "sin tax" on cigarettes and alcohol. The problem is, despite it being . open air (no dome) smokers are not permitted to light up. However people who consume alcohol are free to buy and drink beer. My feeling is either permit cigarette smoking, or prohibit alcohol consumption in the open air stadium. Fair is *fair*.

Where I'm going with all this is that, IMO our society is highly sensitive to the rights of people to not be subject to second hand smoke (no argument from me on that front) yet is totally indifferent to the right of people like me to not have the smell of garlic seeping under my apartment door and being absolutely overwhelmed by the smell in the hallway of my apartment building because a neighbor decided he was going to make shrimp scampi for dinner. If I was complaining to building management about the smell of cigarette smoke seeping under my door, I'd get some sympathy but complaints about garlic smell are met with laughter. Not a level playing field...
    Last edited by UltraDroid; 04-28-2015 at 01:25 PM.
    Rico ANDROID likes this.

GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Reside In the Stratospheric City Galacticus Notus VIII (Androdius)
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey there @UltraDroid buddy! You've jist described my dairy kryptonite! I couldnt have described it better than that! Just like you, with garlic coming from every corner and all !n the air, thats how Dairy smells follow me! i get aggressively sick to the green-gills by just getting a whiff. Lots say its impossible but i can smell milk in a room, cheeses, even eggs make me call "Rrrrralppppph!!!" I feel for you, buddy, Garlic is totally in most restaurants too! You and me could make a good couple of lunch buddies! we'd mak; sure to dine where neither plafe has our overwhelming favs!
    UltraDroid likes this.
    Visit CellPhone SIMetery - "In SD-Memory Of My Sweet t.e.d.8 December 4,, 2017 !"

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rico, my old friend, having lunch with you...just hanging out for awhile...would be a real treat. Unfortunately, you live somewhere on or around the Gulf Coast (Houston?) and I live on the North Coast. It would be tough to pull off, but I appreciate the thought.
    Rico ANDROID likes this.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraDroid View Post
    Rico, my old friend, having lunch with you...just hanging out for awhile...would be a real treat. Unfortunately, you live somewhere on or around the Gulf Coast (Houston?) and I live on the North Coast. It would be tough to pull off, but I appreciate the thought.
    I miss the north coast! its been awhile since visiting upstate! Yes sir, we'd have the best of times hanging out . Some of the best cheeseless joints in Houston, but i bet de-garlicing would be a challenge. But I totally feel you
    UltraDroid likes this.
    Visit CellPhone SIMetery - "In SD-Memory Of My Sweet t.e.d.8 December 4,, 2017 !"

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mmmm Choco chip cookies!!!....the smell of an animal turning into "compost"

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rico ANDROID View Post
    Mmmm Choco chip cookies!!!....the smell of an animal turning into "compost"
    I agree on the cookies and the second smell is just like garlic smells. Like a rotting corpse.
    Rico ANDROID likes this.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree on the cookies and the second smell is just like garlic smells. Like a rotting corpse.
    Hey there Mr @UltraDroid! How are you? Did you know we've had 17 tornados in one day last week in the state?

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I was seeing that on The Weather Channel and national news. Sorry to hear that, but I'm glad you're OK buddy. Not sure if there are any others from our forum in the greater Houston area....but our home office is in Austin, TX so we're keeping tabs on the state weather situation.

Like they used to say on Hill Street Blues - "Hey! Let's be careful out there!"
    Miller6386 and Rico ANDROID like this.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I was seeing that on The Weather Channel and national news. Sorry to hear that, but I'm glad you're OK buddy. Not sure if there are any others from our forum in the greater Houston area....but our home office is in Austin, TX so we're keeping tabs on the state weather situation.

Like they used to say on Hill Street Blues - "Hey! Let's be careful out there!"
    Oh man the classics! I loved the theme to Hill Street! where did time go so fast? Austin's the happening city! The Annual South By Southwest Festival draws big names! Jimmy Kimmel is there every year. I may go next season! Glad the storms subsided before they reached up in the North Coast region and Ohio Valley!
    UltraDroid likes this.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spawnedsand View Post
    I agree on the choco chip cookies and i also love the smell of bacon cooking in a pan..... I definitely hate dead animals. lol
    Totally!

My new fav is BACON!! BACON!!! BACON!!...and worst smell is still dead meat!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Links