Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: ROM Alert !! Tweaked VZW Remix [Update 3-3-13]

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ROM Alert !! Tweaked VZW Remix [Update 3-3-13]

Hey y'all ...We just came across this ROM on XDA ...hit up the developer on the original thread...Touchwiz ROM with custom settings...

A few of us here just flashed it so we are in the early stages of checking it out...Impressive so far ..

[ROM][TW][VRALL4][2-18-13] Tweaked VZW Remix - xda-developers

I noticed MyFiles was missing for me and also it comes with Chrome but I use stock as well.. So here they are..

Place in system /app.. Set permissions & reboot...

MyFiles
    http://db.tt/Tyb6Zbk6

Stock Internet
    http://db.tt/P1Ngc4D1

Update:

[ROM][TW][VRALL4][3-3-13] Tweaked VZW Remix - xda-developers

Changelog:
    Update to bring it inline with Tweaked 1.4
    Updated Busybox
    Switch to koush's Superuser from SuperSU
    Update Google Apps with latest from the Play Store
    YankInDaSouth and UltraDroid like this.
    "Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm"

FOLLOW FORUM RULES HERE!!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: ROM Alert !! Tweaked VZW Remix

Yup, yup! Just got this up and running and I am impressed thus far!

Definitely worth giving it a try, guys!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tweaked was the only thing that prevented me from throwing my Charge off a bridge, great ROM and dev team. Looking forward to trying it out on the note 2...especially with the peanut butta jelly time kernal.
    Bkdodger likes this.
    Beans Deuce Deuce || Saber Kernel || Green Machine
    Devices previously Rooted and Rommed: Charge, Captivate, Nook Color, Lenovo IdeaPad A1, DINC, Razr Maxx

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's a must try for sure.. I'm running with Perseus kernel..

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wat does the kernels do i seen that wen i flashed beans and was not sure

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Kernels can help run the phone more efficiently and also can harm if not tweaked correctly...every phone reacts differently ...they can help with battery or speed ..or adverse...

ROM-VS-Kernel - XDA-Developers

The kernel

Android (like many other Smartphone operating systems) runs on the Linux kernel. The Linux kernel was created in the early 1990’s by a gentleman named Linus Torvalds in Helsinki Finland. It’s incredibly stable, incredibly friendly, and incredibly difficult for the layman to understand and modify. Thankfully it’s also very popular so it has been ported on to a multitude of hardware, including our Android devices.
    Think of the kernel as an interface layer between the hardware and software on your device. The kernel decides when things happen, such as the LED indicator gets lit. An application sends a request to the operating system to blink the LED. The operating system then sends the request to the kernel, which makes the light flash for the amount of time requested by the OS.
    What sounds like a round-about way to get things done is also what makes the system so scalable and robust. Application developers only have to code in a way the operating system understands and the kernel makes it work on the hardware. This also keeps the application running in it’s own user-space and separate from the kernel. That means when you run the latest uber-cool app that wasn’t designed for your particular OS version, or is still very beta and it crashes, the kernel gives you the option to Force Close the application and the kernel can run untouched.
    In a standard Android ROM (we will leave developer images and the like for another discussion) the kernel is bundled along with a set of instructions that tell the device how to load the kernel and the OS during boot. This is the boot.img that you see inside a zipped ROM that you're not able to easily open. The device knows to extract this image to internal memory (the ramdisk) and follow a series of scripts (init scripts) to load the kernel and then the other portions of the OS. That’s what’s happening while you’re watching the boot animation. Interestingly enough this is done the same way for a PC, your smartphone, an Android tablet, or even a smart Linux powered toaster. If you’re feeling exceptionally geeky, plug your Android phone into the USB port on your PC and let the PC boot from the USB device. No, it doesn’t actually load, but you can watch the animation while it tries to match up the hardware support with what’s inside your PC. As I said, Linux is amazingly scalable and as a result so is Android.
    [edit]
    tfly212 likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The kernel sits between the hardware and the software...so when the two need to interact for anything it goes through the kernel. Stock kernels are fairly conservative with processor speeds, voltages, etc...the custom kernels let you tinker with the controls of how the software and hardware interact. With older phones (read: crappier) the kernels made a big difference with battery life, getting rid of lag etc. I am not sure it matters nearly as much with an advanced phone like the note 2. I have been running perseus with some overclocking and undervolting and although it runs great, it also ran great with the stock kernel. It is still fun to play with them, but I wouldn't be surprised if much of the "improvement" is psychosomatic. You will see all sorts of benchmark scores, but to the actual human eye, I am not sure there is a massive difference between one kernel and the next. Love to hear what others think.
    Beans Deuce Deuce || Saber Kernel || Green Machine
    Devices previously Rooted and Rommed: Charge, Captivate, Nook Color, Lenovo IdeaPad A1, DINC, Razr Maxx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where would we have been on the Charge without dwitherell and Tweaked???

Tweaked AND Imnuts? How can you go wrong? This will be my first ROM for sure!
    SuRFerretti likes this.
    Note 2 - Nexus 7 - Player 5.0 - Charge - Fascinate
    Read twice, Flash once

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This is a great one for sure. Come join us enjoying it..
    dtroup64 likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Downloading now. I'm going to get it running and then head off for exercise!

I'll run Saber Kernel with it.
    YankInDaSouth and Bkdodger like this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Links